Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mercedes announced that they will be expanding the AMG brand and will be selecting dealers to upgrade showroom space and receive additional training.

Mercedes is aiming to have 100 AMG performance centers spread across the country, up and running by the end of 2016. The first 10 will come online before January 2016.

The addition of the performance centers is in anticipation of more AMG-Sport vehicles coming in the future. Last year Mercedes sold 11,000 AMG-branded-of-some-sort vehicles in the US and they're up a further 28% this year and they're expecting sharp increases in the future.

Considering Mercedes USA CEO Steve Cannon says he expects every model in the lineup could receive an AMG Sport derivative, their projections sound about right.

Mercedes is asking the selected dealers for a $200,000 investment into show room expansion- they will need an additional 2,000 sq ft- and AMG specific training for employees. Cannon says dealers will be compensated through increased incentives paid out by Mercedes HQ for AMG branded sales.

Dealers will be selected based on their historical AMG sales, performance centers will also receive increased allocations of AMG badged vehicles.

"You need to treat AMG as if it were a Porsche franchise that sits inside your Mercedes-Benz store," Cannon said he's telling dealers. "We need to really step up our game in how we treat the AMG customer and how we treat the AMG brand."

·
Registered
816 Posts
Where I purchased our GLA45 AMG, they have the "upgraded showroom" and performance center. The AMG vehicles are kept inside on the second level of the show room and have separate sales staff. When service is done the AMG models are kept in a separate 'waiting' area and under roof. Nice set up. One thing I cannot state is if they have a separate service area and dedicated techs for the AMG models…this has to be a key component for any future AMG performance/sales center. I will be finding out the answer to my question soon, but suspect the answer is 'yes'

·
Registered
243 Posts
The separate viewing space is a good idea. So is the separate staff. Mercedes-Benz is already luxury so they really have to go the extra mile in order to create an even more robust customer experience for AMG.

·
Registered
694 Posts
This is a great way for the brand to grow and just the sort of precursor we need to eventually see a mercedes supercar.

·
Registered
470 Posts
MB dealerships definitely need to up their game. The dealership I got my GLA45 from has a semi-decent waiting room and amenities (free water/soda, coffee and a couple of cookies) while the Lexus dealership a block away is ten times better. BMW on the same block is complete crap though, almost non-existent, even Hyundais was better.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I really dont care how the dealers looks as long as customer service is top notch. I dont care about a kurig machine when they try to up change me for various inspection not listed or recommended when i go in for oil changes. Instead, I would rather prefer a good service adviser who would warranty things without much question and good salesman who keeps me up to date instead of " our cars are always much better than their car because..."

But yes shiny new looking sterile rooms filled with shiny new AMGs is > inside a old brown building

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good service and good sales people should be a given, it shouldn't even be something that needs to be improved, it should be the standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts