Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I got my GLA three weeks ago. So far, I'm in love. Other than the check engine light coming on the first time I got gas, I haven't had any other issues after that was taken care of. (It was the T-Stat supposedly.)

Anyhow, that large cup holder in the center. It appears to be a warmer/cooler, but I can't find a single thing in the manual about it. I noticed when I put my 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper in it, an orange light comes on.

It is functional? I see no buttons to adjust anything. There is nothing worse than warm Dr. Pepper, so I just want to make sure it isn't warming my drink.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi all. I got my GLA three weeks ago. So far, I'm in love. Other than the check engine light coming on the first time I got gas, I haven't had any other issues after that was taken care of. (It was the T-Stat supposedly.)

Anyhow, that large cup holder in the center. It appears to be a warmer/cooler, but I can't find a single thing in the manual about it. I noticed when I put my 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper in it, an orange light comes on.

It is functional? I see no buttons to adjust anything. There is nothing worse than warm Dr. Pepper, so I just want to make sure it isn't warming my drink.

I put my wallet and cell phone in there. Convenient!

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's not a warmer or a cooler. That light is just part of the ambient light system. It is nice having such a large cup holder though...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not a warmer or a cooler. That light is just part of the ambient light system. It is nice having such a large cup holder though...

Thanks! I'll just aim one of the vents down there and pretend it's a cooler. :p I'm really happy to have a holder that can handle that size of Dr. Pepper bottle. Pure joy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I route my iphone6 extender cable from the media cable in the console storage box, through the console in to the large cup holder cavity. With the cup holder insert removed the remaining cavity makes an excellent holder for my iphone6+ when I want to play Amazon or Pandora music through the media player. When I have a drink in a large cup that takes priority over media adapter music I unplug my iphone, feed the cable partially underneath the cavity through a slit in the cavity wall, put the cup holder back in the cavity and enjoy my Dr. Pepper. BTW the media adapter music sounds better than the Bluetooth. Just my $.02.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts

Could the large cup holder be as smart as an old fashioned glass lined thermos bottle? A thermos keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. Since they were invented before the advent of electronics and sensors, the big question about a thermos is, "How does it know?" If the cup holder is a cooler/warmer, how does it know whether a Dr. Pepper is supposed to be hot or cold?>:D

Seriously, the light is just the ambient light as Jeff stated.

Reactions: 23481
1 - 6 of 6 Posts