Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Sorry for dup. post, just couldn't figure our how to add the attachment to the original post.
How hot is your 45 running?
Mine 90. Seems high. 120 is in red mark.
c

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
No specific experience since mine won't be built until August. But you want the motor hot enough to remove water from the oil. That doesn't have to be 100, but it should be close.

90 seems quite reasonable to me. Of more concern in my view is the oil temperature. The AMG has a screen that shows that value.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The screen with oil,coolant and trans temp gives you a more accurate read. Mine is set to fahrenheit and 194 (90) is normal once warmed up. In traffic it can go to 220 and on the freeway 180 on a cold day.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good.
Thank you all!

·
Registered
84 Posts
90 is the normal

Reactions: rvittori and caug

·
Registered
20 Posts
@caug - I went on vacation for a few weeks and got used to my rental's temperature gauge sitting at middle.

Today, when I looked at my GLA's temperature gauge, I thought the engine was running hot. I parked and searched, found your posting and my temp gauge looked just like your picture. Thank you for posting and everyone chiming in which put my mind to ease.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 45 usually runs:

207F Oil
199F Water
180F Transmission

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
FWIW, the reagings indicated for all temps match my experience over the 2500 miles we drove during our European Delivery experience over the last two weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts