Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow GLA 2021 owners!

I’ve recently purchased one but won’t receive it for a few months.

We have custom plates where I live, so I was wondering if anybody would be able to take some photos of the back tailgate license plate where the holes are, with some dimensions. (Without the plate installed that is)

I know the dimensions from the centre of the holes, but I’m really interested in the lugs that take screws and how wide they are, and also if they can be removed easily.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
740 Posts
As the GLA is sold worldwide and different countries have different size lic plates, you need to show what country you are located in. The GLA will have holes that would be standard for your country. The lugs with either a wrench or screwdriver can easily remove them and should come from the factory with the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m in Australia, but I believe they’re the same hole dimensions as the US (from previous research).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the US and purchased some 6 mm thread bolting hardware from my local hardware store to secure the rear license plate to its mounting bracket. The bolts length will depend on whether you use an additional frame but shouldn't be too long that they protrude into the body (probably about 12-16 mm in length). You can purchase hex head, slotted screwdriver or torx (star) type heads on the bolts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts