Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,
I took delivery of my 2016 at the end of December, so have only had the car a couple of days.
I'm a little surprised and disapointed. A number of things mentioned in the owners manual and things I think should be a given are not available.

1. No block heater. I know it's very thin oil, 0W40, but with potential for -40 (even -50 deg :eek:) in Canada I really think it should be included.

2. No Jack or Lug Wrench. I know it has run flat tires and doesn't have a spare tire, but I'm old school. I carry a tire repair kit with me on trips, and the ability to get a tire off is sort of fundemental to repairs. :(

3. No electronic tire pressure monitoring. Although it is mentioned in the manual and the on-line manual that you can electronically check the tire pressure on all four corners, my car has only a warning if a tire has no air. Which tire? Up to you to figure it out. Also no indication of how low the pressure will be when the warning comes on. :crying:

Are all Canadian models like this, or have they really cut corners and don't bother to print manuals for the Canadian market.

I'd love your comments.
DivinDave

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Of course please post pics and more details on your GLA.

Many Canadian GLA owners here and will answer your question concerning the TPM system.

There are a couple threads concerning run flat and non run flat tires and solutions to repairing and even getting a compact spare.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2015 GLA 250, and (like the 2016, apparently) it doesn't have a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). While the systems have been required in all U.S. light vehicles since 2007, they are not required in Canada. Perosnally, I view the lack of TPMS a plus: the systems I have and have had in other cars frequently malfunction, and I view the simple low pressure warning in the GLA as more than sufficient to avoid a problem situation.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just do a Google search for 'engine block heater' and you will find quite a variety of manufacturers and styles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like Mercedes did not think of Canadians. I have been trying to get a remote starter for my 2015 GLA and was advised by the dealership and local installer that nothing is available in Canada because of how new the vehicle is, there is no factory security bypass available yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts