Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my GLA 45 AMG a little over a month ago. 3 days in, the sunroof stopped working. It was stuck in the tilt position. Read online that other people were able to remedy this by resetting via manual or factory rest via dealer. Tried both with no luck. Dealer ordered motor and replaced it but that didn't fix the problem. They called main MB parts and were told it is a known problem and they sent my dealer a "repair kit" (that took 2.5 weeks to get). When they got it, that still didn't fix the problem. The dealer told me they needed to order another part and that didn't work either. Now they're telling me there's debris in the tract and they need to get a field technician involved.
Apparently on the GLA they didn't build in a manual override to close the sunroof but other cars have that as an option. My car has been in service for most of the days that I have owned it.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
123 Posts
It seems like a common problem and it's something you'll probably have to wait for Mercedes to fix. Not sure if they'll have to do a mass recall for this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2016 GLA250: Sunroof Stopped Working

Driving home after work, I tried to open the sunroof cover and nothing happened. After about 15 miles of driving, I heard a click so I decided to try again, the sunroof magically started working. I'm a bit concerned about electrical issues when parking in my garage. This issue seems to be a Ghost in the Machine for Mercedes and I am certain they are aware of it.

Other 2016 GLA250 Issues: Collision Prevention Sensor going off periodically due to interference. Mercedes said "Yeah lots of people are having the same issue." I just hope the car doesn't come to a grinding halt in the middle of the freeway.

And before I get off my soapbox: When is Mercedes going to allow users to disconnect that engine auto-stop feature..soooo dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
One button (A marked on it) to press on the center of the dash to disable auto off. Pam had a Lexus hybrid so we were used to the auto off operation. I haven't been bothered by it, and actually find the lag starting from a stop is less if the motor is just starting (using the brake hold feature). But YMMV.

·
Registered
47 Posts
And before I get off my soapbox: When is Mercedes going to allow users to disconnect that engine auto-stop feature..soooo dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I like the auto stop feature. As for how it is "sooooo dangerous" I don't understand this comment. But it is something that all car users are going to have to get used to. I give it 5 years before ALL vehicles have this feature as standard. Ford is putting it in their F150's already and Chrysler is starting to adopt it too. It's new technology, we need to embrace it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
And before I get off my soapbox: When is Mercedes going to allow users to disconnect that engine auto-stop feature..soooo dangerous.
Just wait, your aux battery will eventually act up and it will self disable itself.... i kid i kid i actually like the auto start/stop for my commuting mpg "game"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts