Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm sure this will get some eye rolls but it has bothered me enough to at least ask. The little lock lever that sticks up through the door panel near the window is placed exactly where I would normally rest my arm while at red lights or even while driving with the window down. I also poke my arm with it 2 times a day while using my key card to get in and out of the parking garage at my work. I know it's a small thing, but it does seem like a design flaw from a user experience perspective. Even when the doors are locked the lever sticks up high enough to make it uncomfortable to rest my arm on the door panel.

My question is; Do you think its possible to shave the lever down a bit so that it sits flush with the door panel when locked? Is it just a solid piece of plastic or is there a metal lever that the plastic is covering?

Am I officially the whiniest 45 driver on the road?

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Door pins are a must. It does lower the pins significantly. These a bunch on ebay for 35-40 for a set. Of you wantto oem pins it's about 35-40 each

·
Registered
180 Posts
Strange that you have a 45 and it didn't come with the AMG door pins. I got those for my 250 and they lay almost flush with the door. Of course my friends complain that they can't pull them up in the back, but they look nice.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got nice chrome ones from an eBay link in the thread mentioned above, $35. Went on very nicely. Toward the end they are a bit hard to turn-you probably have to use pliers-be sure to put plenty of padding around the pin. Also-I made a tiny dig in the door panel near the pin on one of the rear ones-be careful-the angle your pliers have to be at bring the tips pretty close to the rear doors. 2015 GLA250.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Strange that you have a 45 and it didn't come with the AMG door pins. I got those for my 250 and they lay almost flush with the door. Of course my friends complain that they can't pull them up in the back, but they look nice.
In the US even in the $100k+e63, cls63 don't come with in.... petty right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine are plastic too. I don't find them intrusive, there is already a shiny spot and dent well ahead of the door pin where my left elbow rests while the left hand is on the wheel though. It's like either your elbow is hanging in space or it's way high on the door sill.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You probably have residual glue if it's hard to turn.
You may be right. Because that was mentioned in this thread, I tried to check when I took the old ones off, but did not notice any glue, and if there was any, it would have been hard to get at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts