Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am a new to the forum and I am a new owner of GLA250.
Like the car, everything looks fine so far with one exception: from time to time (not everyday) I experience a strange behavior. When driving from garage in first minute there is a single “kick” in the drive train. The car is moving in a steady speed of 10 – 15 mph, no acceleration or attempts to slow down. Just a kick similar to what you feel when on the red light stop engine would stop and start again.
Cannot bring this question to a dealership, it is very random and unlikely I could show it to a service representative. Maybe somebody had the same problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem, it's a problem with the transmission. I had it in the garage 5 times already for this "random" problem. It took three times for software updates, but problem continued, they changed a piece in the transmission (pressure valve) but that did not fix the problem. Since they could not reproduce the problem, they started to doubt my explanation. So I left the car the 5th time to the manager of the service department. It took him 5 days before the car did it to him. Now they are changing the dual clutch component.

I can tell you that I'm looking to trade to another model. I like the car, but lost confidence in it's ability to drive like a MERCEDES!!! Looking at the GLK 250, hope that the diesel portion is not like the Volks!-)

My suggestion is that you record your dashboard each time you have a problem. I uploaded a video of what mine was doing in another post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem, it's a problem with the transmission. I had it in the garage 5 times already for this "random" problem. It took three times for software updates, but problem continued, they changed a piece in the transmission (pressure valve) but that did not fix the problem. Since they could not reproduce the problem, they started to doubt my explanation. So I left the car the 5th time to the manager of the service department. It took him 5 days before the car did it to him. Now they are changing the dual clutch component.

I can tell you that I'm looking to trade to another model. I like the car, but lost confidence in it's ability to drive like a MERCEDES!!! Looking at the GLK 250, hope that the diesel portion is not like the Volks!-)

My suggestion is that you record your dashboard each time you have a problem. I uploaded a video of what mine was doing in another post.
this is a junk car

·
Registered
17 Posts
they overcharged for that car, audi a 22000e and mercedes at 34 k for this I have proiblems with mine, they cant fix it, 3 days at the shop they didnt even changed one part.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
they overcharged for that car, audi a 22000e and mercedes at 34 k for this I have proiblems with mine, they cant fix it, 3 days at the shop they didnt even changed one part.
That's more an inept or non-caring dealership problem than a car problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can tell you that I'm looking to trade to another model.
There is not that much to choose from. I had BMW 528i 2000 for 15 years, and I would take the same car again, but they do not do it anymore. And I afraid that any 2015 car would have similar problems.

Thank you for suggestion, Dany.
I will try it.

Michael

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea GLA250 is kinda overrated car. doesn't drive smooth... Luckly I got it as a 45k miles lease. Already out 6700 miles in 3 months. 33 months to go

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wmo, so sorry you dislike your 250 so much and can't help but wonder why you write in this forum unless you're really a troll. No disrespect just an impression.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mishak,
I had similar 'kick', but I get it when the car is slowing down to a stop. Very random, and happens maybe once a day. My car is new still (1000 miles), and I'm not concerned as much as I am curious.

One thing that is exactly as you described: It happens when I've manually turned off the car's auto-start-stop feature, and the kick generally seems to occur when the engine would be turned off by the car's auto-start-stop feature.

I am not bothered by it being less smooth, bc I like the car's acceleration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts