Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer doesn't have any GLA's in stock with the Sport seats. The Standard seats fit nicely, but I would like to try the Sport.
Anyone have a chance to actually compare both seats? Is there much of difference in support and comfort. I really like the looks of the Sport but I don't want something to stiff and hard on the butt during long trips. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Local dealer doesn't have any GLA's in stock with the Sport seats. The Standard seats fit nicely, but I would like to try the Sport.
Anyone have a chance to actually compare both seats? Is there much of difference in support and comfort. I really like the looks of the Sport but I don't want something to stiff and hard on the butt during long trips. Thanks
I cannot vouch for the sport seats as mine is equipped with the standard. I wish that I had known then what I know now (3k miles into ownership).
For me personally, the standard seats are crap! They are too wide in all areas and I would much prefer otherwise. The lack of bolster support is the worst. I have owned numerous cars in the past years and by far, the GLA with standard seats have the worst side supports of all.
To fit snug into this seat, my guess is that one would need to be hovering at around 250lbs (I'm at 175).

If you are into spirited rides on twisties, the standard is not for you! You will get tossed around like a rag doll....

Hold off and try out the sport seats before committing to this vehicle. That would be my suggestion.
Good luck with your purchase .....

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have Recaro sport seats and i weight only 144lbs.
its perfect for me, i fit like a glove in them, but anyone with wider build body will be tight in hip/ass area.
They are firm and long trips could be a problem.
if comfort you are after, i'd say recaro would be wrong choice.
C

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm surprised you can't find one with sport seats . Look at inventory for a cla or a class. They all have identical seats

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot vouch for the sport seats as mine is equipped with the standard. I wish that I had known then what I know now (3k miles into ownership).
For me personally, the standard seats are crap! They are too wide in all areas and I would much prefer otherwise. The lack of bolster support is the worst. I have owned numerous cars in the past years and by far, the GLA with standard seats have the worst side supports of all.
To fit snug into this seat, my guess is that one would need to be hovering at around 250lbs (I'm at 175).

If you are into spirited rides on twisties, the standard is not for you! You will get tossed around like a rag doll....

Hold off and try out the sport seats before committing to this vehicle. That would be my suggestion.
Good luck with your purchase .....

Thanks for the response. I will definitely try them out first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Recaro sport seats and i weight only 144lbs.
its perfect for me, i fit like a glove in them, but anyone with wider build body will be tight in hip/ass area.
They are firm and long trips could be a problem.
if comfort you are after, i'd say recaro would be wrong choice.
C

Are the Recaro seats your referring to the AMG Performance Seats on the GLA 45? If so, are they the same as the GLA Sport Seats.

I had Recaro's in my CTS Cadillac Sport Wagon, and yes, they were rather hard. I never did find the 'sweet spot' after numberous adjustments.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm surprised you can't find one with sport seats . Look at inventory for a cla or a class. They all have identical seats

Thanks, I'll look into that. Surprised the salesperson didn't suggest that, but what do you expect.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yah amg seats, all the same even CLA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah amg seats, all the same even CLA.

Caug,
I'm looking at pic's of the Sport Seats and the AMG Performance Seats. At first glance they look similar, but looking closer there is a design difference. Please let me understand, both seats are the same Recaro seats? Thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
The Sport Seats (first upgrade over the standard seat) are NOT a Recaro and not the same as the AMG Performance Seats (which are made by Recaro)

The seat back is the surest tell tale of having the AMG Performance seats>>>

Reactions: rayman

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Sport Seats (first upgrade over the standard seat) are NOT a Recaro and not the same as the AMG Performance Seats (which are made by Recaro)

The seat back is the surest tell tale of having the AMG Performance seats>>>

Thanks for clarifying . That's what I thought. I'm glad 'cause I didn't want the Recaro's

·
Registered
816 Posts
These are the Sport Seats...which look very similar to the standard seats except the bolsters and seating area are more deeply contoured (according to MB) >>>

·
Registered
503 Posts
i got same as whites ones but in black, these are recaro amg seats.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Big difference between the std, the sport and the AMG Performance Seats (Recaros), everyone has a different taste so try before you buy. Personally I have the AMG Performance Seats (Recaros) and think they're great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These are the Sport Seats...which look very similar to the standard seats except the bolsters and seating area are more deeply contoured (according to MB) >>>

One other difference is the Sport Seats also have integrated head restraints, similar to the AMG Performance seats. Hopefully the Sport seats will fit me well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In my opinion AMG seats looks awensome but are not "friendly" when You get in / got out few Times a day... Sports are more confortable to daily use, and tjey lokks very nice as well. But that is my opinion.

But there is no doubt flyerguy's AMG seats in grey leather looks really impressive...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In my opinion AMG seats looks awensome but are not "friendly" when You get in / got out few Times a day... Sports are more confortable to daily use, and tjey lokks very nice as well. But that is my opinion.

But there is no doubt flyerguy's AMG seats in grey leather looks really impressive...

circoloco,
Those are not my AMG seats. I'm still in the future GLA owner bracket, but like any prudent person, I'm trying to soak up as much info from the experts on this Forum.

I was dead set on ordering a 2016, but the 2017's are right around the corner and I may just wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[/COLOR]

circoloco,
Those are not my AMG seats. I'm still in the future GLA owner bracket, but like any prudent person, I'm trying to soak up as much info from the experts on this Forum.

I was dead set on ordering a 2016, but the 2017's are right around the corner and I may just wait.
yep, didn' notice.

Anyway SSBGLA45 has nice seats :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Big difference between the std, the sport and the AMG Performance Seats (Recaros), everyone has a different taste so try before you buy. Personally I have the AMG Performance Seats (Recaros) and think they're great.
Tirgoman is totally correct. I tried the sport and AMG (recaro) seats. The sport seats were softer and less restrictive but hit my back/sides in the wrong places. I just couldn't find that sweet spot. I went with the AMG (recaro) ones and glad I did. So, it's totally a matter of personal taste and fit.

Another nice thing about the sport seats (not mentioned in this thread) is the thigh extension. The AMG Recaros don't have the thigh extension.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Any of you want to get rid of your uncomfortable seats, the ones in my 2015 GLA250 are super nice, be glad to do a swap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts