Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the first real cold day in Connecticut and I noticed my brakes squeaking before and after work today.

Anyone else experience squeaky brakes on their GLA45?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's the first real cold day in Connecticut and I noticed my brakes squeaking before and after work today.

Anyone else experience squeaky brakes on their GLA45?
Boston area here and no squeaky brakes. Today was mighty cold and not a peep.
I wonder what it could be? Has the car been sitting for a while ? I know that if sat for a few days, normal rust could build up on rotors thus causing minor squeaking noises when braking.
Maybe someone might have a better answer to this.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car only sat overnight. Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Car only sat overnight. Not sure what is going on.
Did you engage the parking brake? It may be if it's cold that it's not fulling disengaging. You can try setting and letting the parking brake go several times once you've driven the vehicle awhile to warm it up. just a thought. Any moisture on the pads/calipers can cause some squeaking as well until that is wiped off by the pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could be a rock got in there. I'd pop into the dealer and have them look so you don't score your rotors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had many cars with racing brakes. Good comes with bad. The brakes on my 45 just recently started squeaking, under gentle stops, too. I'm hoping, like you, the ambient temperature has something to do with this. I installed an aftermarket set of "racing" brakes on my V70R that were amazing, BUT, they squeaked like ****, every stop. It got to the point that, especially in the summer, when I was cruising through our park with the windows down, I couldn't stand it. I had to change the pads to one level below racing.

I read that the GLA 45, WITHOUT, all the added weight of the glass roof and other accessories, like mine, goes from 60-0 in ONLY 103 feet! THAT is amazing. I, personally will live with the squeaks, until further notice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I, who at one time attended divinity school, just noticed the descriptive word **** got automatically **** out of my attempt to help a fellow GLA 45 owner... LOL ... Even the Pope said, "...there is no ****", it's just a word that Puritans and other religions used as a scare tactic to maintain the fear of the wrath of God. Broaden your horizons, believers!

Your response to this, will certainly be telling.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I, who at one time attended divinity school, just noticed the descriptive word **** got automatically **** out of my attempt to help a fellow GLA 45 owner... LOL ... Even the Pope said, "...there is no ****", it's just a word that Puritans and other religions used as a scare tactic to maintain the fear of the wrath of God. Broaden your horizons, believers!

Your response to this, will certainly be telling.
Hoffman, If we're going to be playing MadLibs with all the **** then you have to tell us if we need to put in a noun, verb, or adjective!
>:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Finally brought my car in

The dealer is telling me there is a new brake pad for this issue. They are out of stock so they are trying to source some from another dealership for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

By the way, my car was built in March of 2015 though I did not get it until the end of November 2015. Depending on when MB may have changed to different brake pads might make a difference on whether or not other GLA45 owners have an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts