Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the sport package on my white GLA. Short answer is yes, I think it is worth it. I guess it just depends on how much exterior styling matters to you. The sport package has different front and rear bumpers with larger air intake vents in the front and additional intakes in the back (whether these are functional or just decorative I don't know), 19" wheels (instead of 18s), and a long strip of brushed metal that runs below the doors on the sides of the car which gives the side of the car the look of having a running board (from a distance, at least). I think it really makes the car stand out more than the standard styling. I would suggest playing with the build configurator on the Mercedes website and looking at the pictures of the car with and without the sport package to see what you think. I've attached a picture of my GLA with the sport package.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the sport package. The long strip is grey plastic not metal. I like the look of the sport package as well. Mostly I wanted bigger wheels and better brakes. One bonus of the amg wheels is I can get my hand all the way through the spokes and wash the inside of the wheel. I have never had a wheel I could do that with. One negative is you do not get the fog lights. I drive a two lane highway and have always had cars with fog lights. I have had a couple of days that I wished I had fog lights in the last 2 months of ownership. Mine came with Goodyear tires which I like better than the Continentals on the test drive vehicle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got it purely for the look. LOVE it!

·
Registered
694 Posts
the great thing about Mercedes exterior styling is the way they style their vehicles is very minimal, tasteful, yet effective. If it's an AMG model, it stays classy but with it's AMG design touches, you know it's just looking to cause trouble!

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I got the sports package too just for the looks. There are two potential downsides to consider. First is you lose the fog lights, which isn't that big of a deal to me. The second is that it lowers the edge of the front valance lip. Again not a big deal so far, but you do lose a little ground clearance for deep snow. Fortunately snow hasn't been that deep where I live, YET!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
In the city, the fastest way to parallel park is hopping the curb and dropping in! Plop! ;) Not sure I could give that up now lol

The Sport bumper looks great on a lowered GLA! But I prefer the base bumper for versatility off-road and on. Foglights are a 'must' for me, but not for many. However, wiring in some fogs to the Sport bumper would be fairly easy.

I think a sport bumper at my current ride height would look pretty strange. Would literally look like a 'car' sitting on top of a light-SUV/Truck chassis. With my muffler-delete, no pano-roof, rear seats pulled, (just the seatbacks) my GLA is sitting pretty high from the reduced weight.
I need to measure again.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
As much as I love the height advantages.... This looks amazing

(minus the big wing)

·
Registered
694 Posts
As much as I love the height advantages.... This looks amazing

(minus the big wing)
That it sure does. Only thing I dislike is how the rear seems to be lower than the front. Would prefer to have it all level, BUT that issue seem to be all too commonplace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts