Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The description of what the "sports handling" mode does is rather vague in the owners manual. I understand that it somewhat mutes the ESP nannies. In other AMGs I've had, this was my preferred mode to track the car in. I seem to remember reading somewhere that, among other things, in the GLA 45 it locks the torque split between front and rear at 50/50. I hope this is true but can't confirm this. does anyone know?

·
Registered
144 Posts
It is a bit vague but that's my understanding as well This according to Jalopnik:
"If you're in sport mode you'll also know the car is locked into a 50/50 split of power front-to-back. This isn't some dynamically changing AWD system designed to gently glide you around turns no matter how much of an idiot you are, this car will bite back.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here's car and drivers take on it in the cla45 , increased torque to the rears :
"
Although the CLA has a front-drive bias, torque is variable up to a 50/50 split, the distribution based on a laundry list of factors: vehicle speed, steering angle, gear selection, accelerator position, lateral and longitudinal acceleration, and any differences in wheel speed. All that processing power translates to confidence-inspiring stability on the straights and mild understeer in the corners...
Selecting Sport mode delays stability-control intervention and allows for increased torque at the rear axle, making it easier to counteract understeer with a heavy right foot

Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG Reviews - Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts