Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm looking into the GLA as an option for my next car. I just have a question for the owners out there. With the sport seats are you able to fold down the rear seats without having to move the front seats way up. I thought this might be an issue because the rear headrests are in a fixed position. Thank you in advance.:nerd:

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I have the standard front seats and still have to move the front seats forward to fold down rear seats. So, figure you definitely have to with fixed headrests on rear seats.

I've thought about removing the headrests from my rear seats, since rarely does anyone ride back there.

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have the standard front seats and still have to move the front seats forward to fold down rear seats. So, figure you definitely have to with fixed headrests on rear seats.

I've thought about removing the headrests from my rear seats, since rarely does anyone ride back there.
Removing them might even help with having a clearer view out the back, not sure what it's like for you with your height but I know for some people that can be the case.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Got a question for those of you with sport seats. Did you test drive versions of both before you bought your GLA? If so, how do you find the comfort of the sport seats versus the standard?

I'm asking out of curiosity. My seats are standard because I bought my GLA in early October and it was the closest one outfitted with my option wish list. I really wanted the sport seats, but since that was the only option lacking, decided to buy the one I have rather than wait for one to show up, or special order.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm waiting to test drive a car with the sports seats. After years of BMW sports seats, I find the standard GLA seats pretty poor, especially for under-thigh and hip support. It is likely a deal-breaker for me in an otherwise good vehicle.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm waiting to test drive a car with the sports seats. After years of BMW sports seats, I find the standard GLA seats pretty poor, especially for under-thigh and hip support. It is likely a deal-breaker for me in an otherwise good vehicle.
Im surprised theres not a CLA or A class with sport seats you can try, they are all the same

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not currently in my dealer, but there will be something along soon. This is after an extended test drive my wife and I had last Monday, where we agree the standard GLA don't cut it, for our personal preferences. Dealer is being very helpful, and I'm also awaiting confirmation of 2016 spec changes, as I want CarPlay and adaptive dampers

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was searching for the best baby convertible car seats and some issues related to them i found this discussion. i really want some suggestions if you have experience with babies car seats please guide which is the best convertible car seat for my new born baby which will be the most comfy and quality product for my baby?also some of my friends told me it is not safe enough for Newborn baby.Anyone has suggestions?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum! Baby car seats is a new topic I don't recall being discussed before. Hopefully some members will have experience on this one. Where are you located and what model GLA do you have? (You can add it to your profile by clicking on the User CP link on the upper right of your browser.) That might help in discussion.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i was searching for the best baby convertible car seats and some issues related to them i found this discussion. i really want some suggestions if you have experience with babies car seats please guide which is the best convertible car seat for my new born baby which will be the most comfy and quality product for my baby?also some of my friends told me it is not safe enough for Newborn baby.Anyone has suggestions?
Welcome

I got the GLA45 for my kid 0:) , we been lucky so far in terms of getting the car seats to fit.

From experience we got the Britax B Safe reg/35 rear facing mounted behind the passenger/driver seat without much trouble. From there we went to a Britax Marathon Clicktight rear facing and now front facing without issue.

A few potential issue and tips from i what i experienced
-There is no middle position to mount using the latch system
-Due to the angle of the rear bench seats, you might not be able to go to a full recline position for Rear facing convertible for an infant (0-12months, those without neck control). This can be remedy by using pool noodles. We never ran into this problem because we used the B safe until baby was 1 or so old.
-Lots of car sear review nag about the rear sport head rest getting in the way (non removable) of the seat when doing a Front facing convertible but that does not occur with our Britax marathon (and i suspect with the other britax as well.
-It is more difficult to put your kid the convertible is front facing, but at that point the kid can climb in by themselves.
*I have the performance amg front seat with give an extra 1-2inch leg room in the rear.

Suggestion.
-Go with the B safe for infant, they are much more protected in an extra shell. and they are usually sold as a kit with a hefty well built stroller, for example https://www.target.com/p/britax-174-b-agile-b-safe-35-travel-system-black/-/A-52702192?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9032020&gclid=CjwKCAiA47DTBRAUEiwA4luU2XfUYeuUzYD1oty-6FIrvBVOJ7BzJ_-Clc9b_kxqz2CcROvxyKmRLhoCC6cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.