Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New to the forum. Just bought my 2015 GLA45 this week and already looking into MODs. My car didn't come with a rear wing, so I'm looking at options. I don't personally prefer the larger wings, so want something a bit more toned down. I found this lip spoiler on Ebay and like the look. I was wondering if anyone has tried this or know of anything similar. I'd prefer to have some thing with the factory color.

Here is a link to the listing:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Kinda surprised that nobody has commented on this. At first glance I think it is a nice addition to the GLA. @cjdzombie did you go ahead with the purchase and installation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda surprised that nobody has commented on this. At first glance I think it is a nice addition to the GLA. @cjdzombie did you go ahead with the purchase and installation?
Hi, I'm still not quite ready to purchase a spoiler yet, so haven't pulled the trigger. I was hoping to get some input from the forum community on some other options with the same look as the pictured spoiler. I'll definitely update if I make a decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That rear spoiler is really nice- my AMG has the factory (Junior Tuner) wing.. I'd love to get rid of it and get something more subtle like this, but I think I've got some mounting holes I need to cover up after removal of the factory wing..

·
Registered
128 Posts
first, to OP.. I think it looks good but would be a little weary of it coming off at high speeds. China carbon and 3M tape at 100+ doesn’t sound like a good combo. I’ve heard of people getting things like front aero splitters and what not from like alibaba but they don’t stay attached very well.

the genuine amg front flics have 3m tape but are also reinforced with screws.

That rear spoiler is really nice- my AMG has the factory (Junior Tuner) wing.. I'd love to get rid of it and get something more subtle like this, but I think I've got some mounting holes I need to cover up after removal of the factory wing..
You’re right with the mounting holes. Actually, the entire piece that they call ‘upper molding’ is a different part# for wing vs no-wing. If you are set on doing it, you can buy the upper molding piece and have it painted… or the cheaper option would be to look for a salvage gla that has your same color (250 and 45 are interchangeable).

Im sure you could resell the upper molding with the wing attached for a decent buck, or just keep it around the garage and if you sell the car down the road give the next guy the option to put the wing back on. Could be a selling point bc if I looked for another 45 I’d automatically cross off all the ones that didn’t have a wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first, to OP.. I think it looks good but would be a little weary of it coming off at high speeds. China carbon and 3M tape at 100+ doesn’t sound like a good combo. I’ve heard of people getting things like front aero splitters and what not from like alibaba but they don’t stay attached very well.

the genuine amg front flics have 3m tape but are also reinforced with screws.

You’re right with the mounting holes. Actually, the entire piece that they call ‘upper molding’ is a different part# for wing vs no-wing. If you are set on doing it, you can buy the upper molding piece and have it painted… or the cheaper option would be to look for a salvage gla that has your same color (250 and 45 are interchangeable).

Im sure you could resell the upper molding with the wing attached for a decent buck, or just keep it around the garage and if you sell the car down the road give the next guy the option to put the wing back on. Could be a selling point bc if I looked for another 45 I’d automatically cross off all the ones that didn’t have a wing.
I agree with your concerns on the lip staying secure. I'd definitely would not use any adhesive that came with it. I had a high-kick spoiler on my BMW 335i that I got from Thailand that I had mounted with just 3M adhesive tape that I purchased. That thing never went anywhere over a 5 year period. The spoiler in question probably wouldn't have as much drag as the high kick either. Some people use Betalink, but that's a little too permanent for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts