Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a GLA 200 Premium 2015, with Harman Kardon system, the speed-sensitive volume adjustment doesn’t work. Driving at 30 km/h (18mph) or at 130km/h (80mph) the volume of the audio system remains the same, that one set manually by me.

As declared by MB on the web sites and brochures for several countries/markets, should be active the Volume Control according the vehicle speed:
- “It also listens back, not merely adjusting volume to speed but continually fine-tuning the sound spectrum to ambient noisesee brochure 2015-GLA-Class.pdf
- “Die automatische Lautstärkeanpassung stellt sich auf die jeweils gefahrene Geschwindigkeit einsee
- “Il volume degli altoparlanti si adatta automaticamente in funzione della velocità della vettura.see.

The MB Service updated the software of my Command Unit with the last version, but the problem is not solved. There aren’t neither settings on the Command menu to activate this feature.

So, does anyone know if the Speed-dependent Volume Control (SVC) works on other GLA with the Harman Kardon System?

Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I have the Harmon Kardon in my US spec GLA250 and have never found any menus that even hint at volume by ground speed. Every other car I've driven that has speed sensitive volume has a clear menu item that allows you to turn it on and even set the proportion. I've never noticed any automatic volume change with speed either, if it does, the gain is so slight that my 59 year old ears (long abused by loud rock concerts, firearms, and industrial noise) can't tell the difference. But I can tell the difference in my Boxster, even when I set the gain rate low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.