Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just wondered if anyone carries a dog in the boot of their GLA?

Also has anyone found a dog guard that fits? MB don't seem to do one.

Thanks

Daz

·
Registered
694 Posts
Have yet to see a dog guard that fits the GLA, but if I come across one i'll send it your way.

What type of dog do you have?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I took my shepherd to the vet the other day and he looked pretty comfortable. He is mellow these days so i just had him lie down in the back with the seats still up. The back seat tops are pretty close to the roof so he didn't have much interest in moving forward, when stopped at the store with the sunroof open he took a snooze, he approved of the the gla

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do bring my dog all the time. He's got enough room to move around but not enough to do any dog gymnastics.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1426632745.980640.jpg

He's a medium sized dog clocking in around 50lbs.

SOLD: '99 ML320 | '01 C320 SPORT | '02 ML320 | '05 E500
'15 GLA250 - SPORT, PREMIUM, MULTIMEDIA, PANORAMA, BI-XENON

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for taking the time to post a picture. My dog is 50lbs too so sure he will be fine.

Is there also some sort of setting with the rear seats where you can tilt them 15degrees forward to gain more space?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is there also some sort of setting with the rear seats where you can tilt them 15degrees forward to gain more space?
I had a look in mine and poked around... In order to tilt them 15 degrees forward, you have to do the following:

1. Bring down the rear seats.
  2. Clip the rear seatbelts to the black plastic clips that are actually hidden when the rear seats are up.
  3. Just below the exposed silver clip, where the rear seats clip to, you should see a black flat long clip that is sitting flat.
  4. Flip up the black flat long clip and it will magnetized to the silver clip.
  5. Do the same for the other side.
  6. Unclip the rear seatbelts and bring your rear seats up and they will clip onto the black clips instead.
  7. Done! You got your 15 degrees! :)
Cheers!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do bring my dog all the time. He's got enough room to move around but not enough to do any dog gymnastics.

View attachment 1897

He's a medium sized dog clocking in around 50lbs.

SOLD: '99 ML320 | '01 C320 SPORT | '02 ML320 | '05 E500
'15 GLA250 - SPORT, PREMIUM, MULTIMEDIA, PANORAMA, BI-XENON
Looks like you can fit at least 3 dogs that size in the back. That's great news because I have three dogs that I take to the beach on the weekends :) What kind of dog gymnastics are you talking about? lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like you can fit at least 3 dogs that size in the back. That's great news because I have three dogs that I take to the beach on the weekends :) What kind of dog gymnastics are you talking about? lol
With 3 dogs back their it's going to be a party :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would say for any medium size dog that fits I wouldn't go on long trips. My 2 year old rottweiler is fine by himself back there but in a year or two I don't think he would fit back there comfortably.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say for any medium size dog that fits I wouldn't go on long trips. My 2 year old rottweiler is fine by himself back there but in a year or two I don't think he would fit back there comfortably.
I have a working lab and he has no space, he can’t move around at all so I end up having to put him on the back seat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts