Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a GLA250 from 2015 with the Harman Kardon sound system. I've been noticing for a few months now, and it seems to be more and more frequent, that when I play some types of music (with heavy bass most of the time) that my left speaker is making some kind of annoying sizzling noise.

I wonder if it could be any connection issue, or the membrane or amplifier, or just that the speaker has started to deteriotate?

Has anyone had similar issues? Wonder also what would be the cost to repair at MB. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 GLA250 4MATIC
9 Posts
Hi,
I have a GLA250 from 2015 with the Harman Kardon sound system. I've been noticing for a few months now, and it seems to be more and more frequent, that when I play some types of music (with heavy bass most of the time) that my left speaker is making some kind of annoying sizzling noise.

I wonder if it could be any connection issue, or the membrane or amplifier, or just that the speaker has started to deteriotate?

Has anyone had similar issues? Wonder also what would be the cost to repair at MB. Thanks.
Typically it's a membrane/deterioration issue with sizzle but only in certain frequencies. If it was a wire, it would usually also occur over bumps.

Try changing from Death Metal to Smooth Jazz to see if you find a difference. Your options then would be to a) replace at least 2 speakers, or b) permanently listen to Kenny G.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. What's strange is that recently it sounds like it's much less obvious and some specific bassy songs that would sound awful are now back to normal with no obvious sizzle.

So I'm kind of lost. Maybe a software issue (with Carplay), resolved via a recent update?

The thing is I never noticed it with the radio, and I don't have any CD to test with. So will need to further test Carplay with full spectrum of songs, from Hip Hop bass to smooth jazz :)

I might pop in an auto electric workshop at some stage, before going to MB and paying the premium markup...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts