Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - 3rd month of ownership, just around 1,000 miles and last week on the center screen "SOS Inoperative" every time I start the car.

I never activated Embrace. it's a new car so no previous registration either. I called the 800 number on the card they keep hassling me with to sign up - can't activate over the phone, must do it from the car.

Ok - hop in car this afternoon to drive into work, figure I'll hit the button. I hit the button and they ask me for my VIN number. REALLY? Are you f'ing kidding me? you don't have this in a database somewhere?

It's like 5 degrees out so I'm not going to sit in the car and do this - I'll do it while driving... or as the case may be not do it while driving. I don't want the trial. I don't want the service. I'm still fuming that I bought my car when it was known that 5 years were free for MY16 cars - mine is a 15. But I bought my car in November when the free notice was given in August. You'd think they'd at least include buyers post August. But I digress.

Ending the rant, I'm now told that I have to take it into the dealer to have it looked at. Swell. That or keep hitting the back button every time I start the car.

Anyone have experienced this and figured out how to just disable it? Sort of Tony Soprano style? I recall an episode of that show where they pulled onstar out of all of Tony's car for very different reasons.

Any advice (or sympathy cards) appreciated.

P

·
Registered
201 Posts
The dealer has to activate your mbrace access with an iPad app they have.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Louie we went through that and I declined. I don't want it - anyone know if it's possible to reset it without pulling battery cables?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts