Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I ordered my GLA 3 weeks ago and after stalking this car since it was a concept car, I am very excited! I am curious about the wait time. I am in The Northwest. My dealer isn't familiar with any tracking information other than what he can see on his computer. I am pretty sure I saw information on this site about tracking the car in production and then onto the ship. Perhaps I am wrong. Does anyone have info that may help me? My dealer says 3 months until delivery and of course I am anxious to track if it's a possibility. Thank you! :D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum Johnnie. I'm in Hawaii, it took about six weeks to get my GLA250 to the west coast Vehicle Processing Center, then about two weeks to arrival in Hawaii. Good rule of thumb, four weeks to the US east coast, six to the west coast, then whatever onward delivery to your dealer's location would be. It's very curious that your dealer couldn't give you a better wag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Turbolink!

Thanks for the timeline. It would be exciting to know it could be here in about 3-4 weeks. I find is curious also. We actually were in the dealership to order the car on February 5 and on February 17th I finally rec'd the email that it had been ordered. I have asked if there is any way to track the car and he isn't aware of a way but says that he is pretty sure it was still 3 months out as of the 17th. He doesn't seem as excited about my car as I am. �� I have waited a couple of weeks until I emailed him for processing information and yesterday I got the response that he is only aware of information he gets from his computer. Is that correct? I'd like to politely share the information with him, in case he is new to the dealership. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
There's some truth to that. What I've noticed with the four MBs we've ordered through the years is that dealerships seem to have specific windows and allotments of what they can order when. The computer status is pretty much all the sales reps have to work from, and perhaps are discouraged from otherwise speculating as a corporate policy. They have some flexibility to search around other dealers for inventory that might meet your requirements, but custom orders seem to count in their new vehicle allotment. Ours seemed to have some relation to our dealer's initial model year order and had to meet a very specific timeline.

We made our decision to wait for a model year 2016, expecting there'd be some first year tweaks as there were (except we lost our desired Universe Blue color), in October 2014 and I kept pestering our rep, who we've worked with for years, for when does the order window open. We ordered in June 2015, built on 6 September, and it was the first 2016 model delivered to Hawaii in mid-November. So essentially it was a year-or-so long process, or five months once the new model year opened for order. Once the model year is flowing, I'd guess three months to be the standard for Mainland US. And the MB system computer updates seem to come at windows as well...accepted date, build date, sailing date, US Vehicle Processing Center date, and in my case a second sailing from the California VPC to Hawaii. Then another five-six days to get from port to dealer and final delivery.

I've noticed that our sales rep, who's been with the company for many years, also doesn't have as much specific info as we have here in the GLAowners forum and its community of knowledge. Again, I suspect that's corporate policy to limit speculation and rumors, or some creative thought on modifications from many of our members here. Even the folks who do the actual delivery demonstration seem to be lacking some of the model-specific unique feature information that we share here or is embedded in our archives. Given the wide range of MB models, I can appreciate the difficulty to do so, but in retrospect I was a bit disappointed in the many easter eggs embedded in the GLA we heard nothing about. Many are listed in this thread:

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...icks-unknown-features-you-discovered-gla.html

Waiting for your GLA is a long and exciting time; like waiting for Christmas morning!

·
Registered
880 Posts
They should be able to give you expected built date from netstar and it's 4 to 6 weels from that. They only have certain allocations available so if some cars just came in recently, they have to wait for their next set of cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both! This is very helpful! The wait is like Christmas! So true! :) Turbolink, I will check out the link you shared. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, that link actually got me more excited about my GLA250...as if that were possible! Thank you, Turbolink!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey everyone! I ordered my GLA 3 weeks ago and after stalking this car since it was a concept car, I am very excited! I am curious about the wait time. I am in The Northwest. My dealer isn't familiar with any tracking information other than what he can see on his computer. I am pretty sure I saw information on this site about tracking the car in production and then onto the ship. Perhaps I am wrong. Does anyone have info that may help me? My dealer says 3 months until delivery and of course I am anxious to track if it's a possibility. Thank you! :D
3 months until delivery?thats very fast !:eek:
I ordered my GLA on 29/01/2016 and it will be delivered on 15/06/2016
and transport from the Rastatt factory is about 500 km :crying:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh no, Jake99! Hopefully they'll ship to you earlier and it'll be a nice surprise! That is quite a wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts