Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just put down a deposit today to reserve a 2016 GLA that is currently making its way across the ocean. It was a bit of a search to find just the mix I wanted without just ordering it outright. Well, half that was my wife second guessing the color choice every two days.

We ended up going with a 4matic Night Black, with the night package plus premium, multimedia and driver assistance packages. Also tacked on the panoramic roof and the bi-xenon headlights. My wife originally wanted red, but it would seem that rarely exists with all the extras and she didn't have the patience to order and wait.

This will be my first Mercedes, heck, my first foreign car ever. Those holiday ads must have finally gotten to me. I may make the dealer add the giant red bow before I pick it up. :D

- Tod

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. You'll find the GLA Owners Forum a decent place to visit each day while you're waiting. There are some very interesting threads on not so well known Easter eggs and other features built into our GLAs, some of the issues that have popped up, and other good-to-know information. Many of us have gone through the wait you're now in...order, production, watching for the ship to come in...adds all the more to your appreciation of a fine Mercedes!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome, and congrats. That sounds like it will be a nice package. When I bought my CLA, I didn't get the bi-xenon and I was disappointed in the lighting. I traded for a GLA with the bi-xenon and am much happier. Did you get 4matic?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
When you get your GLA please post a few pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, and congrats. That sounds like it will be a nice package. When I bought my CLA, I didn't get the bi-xenon and I was disappointed in the lighting. I traded for a GLA with the bi-xenon and am much happier. Did you get 4matic?
Yes, I did end up getting the 4matic. It wasn't on my necessity list as I do have a really big brute of an SUV for any infrequent bad conditions we may get here in Seattle. But as it also comes with the hill descent mode, I am not disappointed that it's on there. One thing we do have here is lots of hills.

·
Registered
182 Posts
DarthTod, Have you seen the latest GLA TV commercial? It was filmed on Capitol Hill! Rudy's, the Paramount, you'll recognize the spots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, just put down a deposit today to reserve a 2016 GLA that is currently making its way across the ocean. It was a bit of a search to find just the mix I wanted without just ordering it outright. Well, half that was my wife second guessing the color choice every two days.

We ended up going with a 4matic Night Black, with the night package plus premium, multimedia and driver assistance packages. Also tacked on the panoramic roof and the bi-xenon headlights. My wife originally wanted red, but it would seem that rarely exists with all the extras and she didn't have the patience to order and wait.

This will be my first Mercedes, heck, my first foreign car ever. Those holiday ads must have finally gotten to me. I may make the dealer add the giant red bow before I pick it up. :D

- Tod
Hey Tod, nice to see a fellow anticipated owner. Sounds like your build is almost identical to mine (minus the night pkg). Did you also post in the "car on order" thread? Hopefully you got yourself a good deal, I feel that I did.

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting on the car, it's currently on board the Swift Ace, anchored off the east coast at the moment. But I did get a little decoration for it. Well, got my wife some decoration, since it is ostensibly her car. Got it from customeuropeanplates.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome aboard. I wish my state didn't have a requirement for front and back plates. :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the family. You will both love the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome aboard. I wish my state didn't have a requirement for front and back plates. :(
My state has the front and back requirement as well, although like most other places, it's easier to get away with ignoring it in a Mercedes. But I will likely still put the state plate on as well, as long as I can do so without blocking any sensors. I bought one of the Bell mounting brackets that someone else on the board used to attach to the grill, my intention is to mount the decorative one low over the front air dam and the state on above it. I'll know more once I can get the car and try it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to German ownership. After 30 years of Honda's, I've throughly enjoyed the switch. Hope you and your wife do as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts