Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are your GLAs all doing with the snow? I would like to share my experience today here in DMV area since we have a snow storm today. I couldn't believe how reliable and good this vehicle on the snow. This is the 1st time I drove this car at 3-5 inches of snow and it's flawless. The 4matic did what its supposed to do, I climbed this steep uphill unplowed street in my neighborhood and it felt like driving on a dry surface. The breaks are also incredible, no sliding or fish tailing.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
What tires do you have?

IMO, car is great, but Goodyear 19" run flats on my GLA are horrible on snow or ice. I think several other GLA owners in the snow belt will agree with that assessment.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm also in the DC area. The GLA handles snow and ice better than any car I've driven. That said, the back can swing out. I've also slipped a bit when going downhill. Letting up on the throttle and braking/downshifting brought things in line promptly. The car feels very sure-footed.

FYI I'm using the OEM Continental run-flat all-season tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What tires do you have?

IMO, car is great, but Goodyear 19" run flats on my GLA are horrible on snow or ice. I think several other GLA owners in the snow belt will agree with that assessment.
Im actually running on stock pro contact run flats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had my GLA for the Chicago winter (city). The 4matic is great but I felt a lot of slide from the stock tires. Would prefer to have some dsw's on it. I also noticed the 4matic system to be quieter and less noticeable than counterparts. The ground clearance was perfect for the city ruts.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Im actually running on stock pro contact run flats.
Unfortunately mine was an early build and came with Goodyear instead of Continental. From other comments on this board it appears MB switched suppliers sometime after builds started.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there much quality different between Goodyear and Continental? Doesn't it depend more on if you got the right tires for the season??

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I can't speak to the Continentals, but Goodyear Eagles leave a lot to be desired on snow.

The Eagles are marked "M+S" on the sidewall. Stands for mud and snow?

·
Registered
3 Posts
19 inch Continental ProContact GX SSR on snow

Hi,

I just bought a polar silver GLA 250 (4 matic)and it comes with updated 19 inch wheel (not sports package).

The tire is Continental ProContact GX SSR all season tier (235/45/19)

Just wonder if anyone has experience with it on the snow

Also wonder if the 18 wheel will ride better (say less bumping and less noise) if anyone has tested both?

Thanks
Chong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts