Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used snow chains on the 250 AMG 19's? Will they scratch the rims? I went up to Bear, CA and snow chains or snow tires were required. I ended up turning around because of the traffic so I did not run into a CHP checkpoint.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No, but I have them from my Saab 9-7x that I think will fit. They made me sign a waiver when we bought the car to say we'd only put on cable chains, no real chains. Funny.

If you get the right kind of cable chains you'll be fine. Also, going up to Big Bear on a snowy day there are people waiting at the chain up locations who, for $20, will install them. Money well spent!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone used snow chains on the 250 AMG 19's? Will they scratch the rims? I went up to Bear, CA and snow chains or snow tires were required. I ended up turning around because of the traffic so I did not run into a CHP checkpoint.
Hey Patural,

I was up at a local mountain last year and on the last day we were required to fit snow chains to leave due to rapidly changing conditions.

I have a set of Thule CS-10 which I purchased prior to going up and they were fine. No scratches on my rims and no rubbing on the guards with plenty of room to turn the wheels.

Thule Australia » Products » Snow Chains » Thule CS-10 060 to 105

1 - 3 of 3 Posts