Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2018 GLA 250 and noticed the acceleration to be slow in comfort mode. Feel like I have to press the gas a bit hard to get it to take off at a traffic light. I feel like it use to be better before. Anything I should check?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Personally, I don't use Comfort mode. Car is very sluggish from start on that setting. It's lack of responsiveness made pulling out into traffic from a stop a little to interesting at times. No thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I don't use Comfort mode. Car is very sluggish from start on that setting. It's lack of responsiveness made pulling out into traffic from a stop a little to interesting at times. No thanks.
I started with eco, then switched over to comfort. What mode do you use? Sports? If so, how much more fuel does it actually consume?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had those "interesting" sluggish moments when pulling into traffic from a stop in Comfort mode (auto start/stop deactivated).

Sport mode for me now in those around town situations and then I switch back to comfort for long distance highway cruising.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had those "interesting" sluggish moments when pulling into traffic from a stop in Comfort mode (auto start/stop deactivated).

Sport mode for me now in those around town situations and then I switch back to comfort for long distance highway cruising.
Thanks. I thought there’s something wrong. I had the car for 6 months, but used eco for beginning. Now find comfort slow getting out from the gate at the lights. Might need to switch into sport 🙂

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with all comments above. I have an AMG and comfort mode is very sluggish. Only drive in Sport mode!

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Comfort mode has lower RPM shift points when will create a slower takeoff. You might also do a trans reset where it will reset the accelerator petal response.

Check this post on doing the reset.

https://www.glaowners.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/23817-reset-transmission-adaptive-learning-padel-travel.html
Thanks. I tried this and I think I feel the transmission making more smooth shifts. I hope it’s just not a placebo:) But even in comfort, the car is snappier like when I first got it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks. I tried this and I think I feel the transmission making more smooth shifts. I hope it’s just not a placebo:) But even in comfort, the car is snappier like when I first got it.
Over time something happens the system gets mixed up. By doing the reset the system will relearn your driving style and should be a long term fix. Just like all computer systems sometime you need to reboot it to clean out the trash. Another MB website I see there that some people tell people to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes as a cure-all. I do not buy into that thinking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting. I thought an AMG would fly in in comfort 🙂
Don't get me wrong it is faster than most but the turbo lag is what kills the acceleration. Even with the tune THT Performance did. The tune provided for Sport mode to Race mode which I definitely feel the difference from before and after. The AMG doesn't like Comfort mode at all. It will sputter trying to take off. You fill a big jolt once the turbo kicks in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same in my 15GLA45. Sport mode has been good to me so far.

Don't get me wrong it is faster than most but the turbo lag is what kills the acceleration. Even with the tune THT Performance did. The tune provided for Sport mode to Race mode which I definitely feel the difference from before and after. The AMG doesn't like Comfort mode at all. It will sputter trying to take off. You fill a big jolt once the turbo kicks in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mpg

I started with eco, then switched over to comfort. What mode do you use? Sports? If so, how much more fuel does it actually consume?

Always Sports or Sports+. Mostly City driving commuting downtown PDX, Can be stop/go. Consistently 18-19 over two years. With HWY mixed in varying up to 23-ish. Note, I am not shy in the AMG. :laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I took my car in and while doing a test drive, they said my CEL went on. Never has it went on since I had it, now they said the 4 wheel drive control module failed. Find this to be very strange.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Hello, I have a 2018 GLA 250 and noticed the acceleration to be slow in comfort mode. Feel like I have to press the gas a bit hard to get it to take off at a traffic light. I feel like it use to be better before. Anything I should check?
#1 don't use comfort mode at least i don't never did like it, also is the air filter clean? sometimes we miss the basics.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Comfort mode is also effectively "economy" mode. Therefore the computer will try to stay off-boost as much as possible promoting fuel efficiency but also significantly contributing to lag. An AMG is about performance first and comfort thereafter, so definitely sport mode. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts