Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I was wondering what the size of the hood emblem is? I kind of want to replace it with an AMG version.

And if anyone has a good source on where to get one, that would be helpful too.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the confusion, I actually meant the badge/hood emblem, not the grill. :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Interesting…what vehicle is that on? and what size diameter is it?
Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on a CLA, which I assume is the same size for the GLA but the size wasn't mentioned in the forum I got it from.

I was thinking this one would fit but it seems like they pretty much listed all the current MB cars in there: 45mm AMG Chrome Front Hood Bonnet Emblem Decal Badge for Mercedes Benz | eBay

I also want to find the black AMG emblem but the source of the pic said he ordered from Japan and other places that has linked it to Ebay are practically sold out and I am not even sure those would fit the GLA.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I found the 'Mercedes' emblem OVER a Mercedes emblem kinda silly so I just blacked mine out with plasti-dip lol

If I had the AMG, I'd probably go this route. Good find!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd honestly get it filled, sanded and painted if it wasn't such a hassle.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh the CLA isn't mine, it's just googled and an example for reference. :D

But from what I understand, no it doesn't come with the CLA45s.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish it was just installed in the front without the indentation to the body like the logo and lettering in the back so I could just easily debadge and make it look like it never even existed.

Reactions: gurneyeagle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy the front grill in black? I'm going matte and black all around, and that and the back logo in black are The only things I can't find.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my order and it looks like 55mm works/fits but now I am somewhat afraid to remove the emblem lol

I tried but it is more difficult than I expected and I do not want to force it too much or use something to wedge it off in fear of scratching the paint.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got my order and it looks like 55mm works/fits but now I am somewhat afraid to remove the emblem lol

I tried but it is more difficult than I expected and I do not want to force it too much or use something to wedge it off in fear of scratching the paint.
Nightscar, have you tried this method? If the emblem is stuck on with 2 pins & grommets.

Cheers!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not tried that, will try it out. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
355 Posts
A friend of mine shared this with me:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh and just for everyone's reference, the Mercedes codes for the emblems are as follows:

1. GLA45 Emblem: 1568170015
  2. AMG Emblem: 1568170014
  3. Mercedes Emblem: 1568170016 & Emblem Grommet: 2019972281
  4. Turbo AMG Emblem: 1768170315 (left) & 1768170415 (right)
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts