Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was my understanding at the time of purchase that the Sirius-XM traffic and MB Apps were provided for a period of time as a free trial. I used them a couple of times in the first week or two of ownership, but then they went away. I've sent an e-mail to MB USA, but no answer after 36 hours. Any others experience this problem and, if so, what was done to resolve the matter?

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is just a free trial so I think it just goes away once it expires.

Here's the Sirius number MBrace customer service provided me with, give them a call and have your VIN # ready when they try and look up your vehicle: 866-528-7474

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hopefully it's actually a free trail.
I know one tactic subscription services usually use is to get your credit card info, then give you the free trial, if you don't cancel after and keep going with the service, they bill you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
In my case, I already have the SiriusXM and I haven't provided them with any CC info so if for some reason I see a Sirius charge somewhere, I will raise H E L L !

MB is pretty good with the free trials though, I just got a letter in the mail reminding me that MBrace is about to expire in 30 days and that I should call to cancel or I might get charged. With MBrace I did have to provide a CC to activate it but they are a completely different department from Sirius so i again I better not see any charges months from now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to get the Sirius stuff sorted out, but still a struggle with Mbrace. I contacted Mbrace customer service and they validated my account with about five weeks left in the free trial for the apps. Even after that all I can get is "No Network Connection." But they did make the pitch to go ahead and extract payment for three years of service even though I have yet to get the apps to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts