Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I returned to my GLA after an hour or so and I discover that both of my side mirrors with the motors were stolen. The housing/covers are intact and there are two wires hanging out of the case. I cannot find any oem mirrors online to purchase so I was thinking of buying them from the dealer and installing them myself. Does anyone have experience with installing/replacing the side mirrors?

·
Registered
470 Posts
****, sorry to hear that.

Honestly can't even believe those motors are a target now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you F$%^king serious?! Since when do they target side mirrors....

I'd be interested to know how much it would cost to replace with brand new ones from MB.

find the part number if you can and see if older vehicle motors are compatible. That might be the cheaper route if it works.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is insane.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in the county above NYC but I regularly visit the city. I called and got a quote from the dealers. $102 for each motor, $180 for the driver's side mirror, $129 passenger's side. Estimated labor $405 for an hour and half time, which is crazy. From what I see on my car, it should just be a plug and play type installation. If a dirty thief can take out both mirrors in less than an hour, I don't see the difficulty or long installation time for this. I'll call again or visit the dealership and see if I can get the part number to find compatible motors.

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
694 Posts
I live in the county above NYC but I regularly visit the city. I called and got a quote from the dealers. $102 for each motor, $180 for the driver's side mirror, $129 passenger's side. Estimated labor $405 for an hour and half time, which is crazy. From what I see on my car, it should just be a plug and play type installation. If a dirty thief can take out both mirrors in less than an hour, I don't see the difficulty or long installation time for this. I'll call again or visit the dealership and see if I can get the part number to find compatible motors.
Oh you can bet the dealer will try to milk your money and they'll justify it with a whole list of things they make sound really good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just came back from the dealership. It turns out just the mirror glasses, not the motors were stolen, which is some good news. I decided to buy em straight from the dealers for a total of $335 with tax. I looked online for replacements and although they are cheaper, ($120 for drivers side and $75 for passengers) I decided to get them from the dealers because I needed them installed asap for this weekend.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good to hear the problem is much cheaper to solve but I am not which is more worrying, when it was the actual motor or the fact that people are stealing the mirrors now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts