Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ew, no! I prefer what they came out with, and judging by our grill discussion, I'm one who prefers a more masculine appearance. That first car looks like it should have a little kid standing behind it with a remote control.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I know I am digging this up from 2 years ago but I think the first one should be the next gen GLK.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
My thought exactly, looks much like a GLK.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I wouldn't mind that boxy look once Mercedes is ready to roll out a next generation design language, but for that we'll have to wait a decade or more.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My thought exactly, looks much like a GLK.
Yah really wish that is the new GLK especially after seeing spy shots of the new GLS (to replace the GL-class) and along with the GLE (replacing the M-class), everything is just looking like a bigger version of each other.

I get it that they want a consistent design and everyone is doing it but the GLK could have just been a baby G-Wagen.

I know they had a plan for a baby G-Wagen as well (called GLB?) but I have a feeling the Energ-G Force SUV concept they showed a few years back isn't going to go anywhere.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's possible that once these hit the road and they need some marketing material to let potential owners get a real feel for what was done, then maybe we'll see their reasons behind the design, connecting dots and making sense of it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't think that the GLA should look like that render in the OP, but I do think that it would be somewhat nice to not have the GLA look so similar to the QX30 when that comes out.

A smaller more GLK looking SUV could be really cool. It would be a nice design to see coming out of Mercedes. It would have more cargo space, which is a benefit given it is a utility vehicle.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am trying to imagine how the GLA would look as a 3-door, I kind of like how the Evoque is done.

Found this PS and while not very refined PS job, I think the concept is kind of cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts