• GLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend works at a dealership and is willing to cut me a deal on one of two vehicles. One is a 2015 GLA 250 with 79k miles and the Other is a 2016 Jeep Renegade with 44k miles. I don't know much about either of these, so I figured I would ask. I always hear Mercedes are hard to keep on the road and super expensive to repair, so I am cautious due to the fact I have a pretty limited income.

My friend seems to think the baby Jeep is a better choice, but I really love the GLA. Thanks in advance for any opinions on this.

·
Registered
555 Posts
To me, they are kind of two different cars. The GLA is more car-like than the Jeep. The cost of the MB could be more if you use a dealer for repairs. I have found and indy that charges about half of what the dealer charges. I have found MB cars to be reliable. I have had two SLK's each with over 125k and still going strong when I traded them in with very little repairs other than service. Returned a 2016 GLA at end of lease and no repairs with 35k. Now have 2019 with 10k and it is still new. The key is doing the maintenance as suggested by MB 10k or one year which comes first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To me, they are kind of two different cars. The GLA is more car-like than the Jeep. The cost of the MB could be more if you use a dealer for repairs. I have found and indy that charges about half of what the dealer charges. I have found MB cars to be reliable. I have had two SLK's each with over 125k and still going strong when I traded them in with very little repairs other than service. Returned a 2016 GLA at end of lease and no repairs with 35k. Now have 2019 with 10k and it is still new. The key is doing the maintenance as suggested by MB 10k or one year which comes first.
Thanks for the reply. Yes. VERY different. These happen to be the two on the lot I can get a good deal on. I feel like the GLA is calling me, but I am a little intimidated by the possibility of it not being as reliable. Then again, I've read the particular Jeep isn't super reliable either. Just wanting to make sure I choose the most reliable with the most longevity because I'll be stuck with it for a while.

·
Super Moderator
1,513 Posts
Mine is only an opinion but I believe you're asking the wrong question. As gbarringer pointed out, these are two very different cars. Which car fits your needs and lifestyle and desires?

Either car can break. Either car can be expensive to fix. I suspect if you are viewing this as a five year purchase the GLA will break less and that will even out the costs.

And since it seems costs are a factor, have you checked insurance rates?

In the long run these are both depreciating assets. In the first year of ownership the GLA will depreciate more. But at this point the GLA will hold more relative value.

At the end of the day it is your decision. Which car will you look forward to getting into each morning? That's the way I'd decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts