Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all previous cars, and other MBs, when you put the car in reverse and release the brake pedal the car will slightly start to roll back. In my newly purchased 2015 GLA the car doesn't move at all until I give it some gas. I read some of the threads about jarring and I don't have that issue. When I apply the gas it is smooth but it won't move an inch after release the brake from a cold start. Is this normal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
No, it doesn't move until you hit the gas to bypass the parking brake. Same thing happens when you put the car in drive. It doesn't move until you hit the gas. I think its a nice safety feature from keeping the car rolling away. Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it doesn't move until you hit the gas to bypass the parking brake. Same thing happens when you put the car in drive. It doesn't move until you hit the gas. I think its a nice safety feature from keeping the car rolling away. Hope this helps
Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear it is intentional. It doesn't cause any problems, just going to take some getting used to. From a safety perspective, it does seem safer.

Did the 2014s do this too? My wife has a 2014 GLK that does not do this. Just curious if it is only GLAs or all new MBs. Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
The GLA and GLK have very different transmissions. That's the difference. DCT vs std. Auto.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can manually disengage the parking brake by reaching under the bottom left. I prefer this since it's smoother than giving it some throttle while the parking brake is engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts