81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a little googling and found some 3D printer files

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mossy2a is a splendid example of a very capable designer & 3D printer.

I recently got some custom 3D printed adapters to mate various power tools to a Festool vacuum from a similar very capable entrepreneur and they work great. Nice to see this segment continuing to grow.

Well done Mossy2a!
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
impressive fabrication!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue on my sisters 2015 GLA 250, the plastic slides are gone. If possible, I would like to give your replacements a try. Sent you a PM as well

thanks
thought I would try and get a “fix” for this that isn’t crazy cost and can be done without removing the roof.

I spent some time designing a Replacement shoe that can be easily fitted from the top.

I used a new shoe to get the external dimensions and 3d printed some to install into my vehicle that has broken.

I have now had these fitted for 6 months and they were used throughout summer without issues.

if anyone wants any, let me know. I can give some details on fitting.
Hey Mossy,
That’s an impressive fabrication! I’m have the exact same issue w my GLA. How can I buy a set of for from you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
thought I would try and get a “fix” for this that isn’t crazy cost and can be done without removing the roof.

I spent some time designing a Replacement shoe that can be easily fitted from the top.

I used a new shoe to get the external dimensions and 3d printed some to install into my vehicle that has broken.

I have now had these fitted for 6 months and they were used throughout summer without issues.

if anyone wants any, let me know. I can give some details on fitting.
Hi,

I have the same issue with my GLA. Would appreciate details of how to buy (or 3D print) and install same.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
Please PM me. I'd like to buy them.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts