81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a little googling and found some 3D printer files

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mossy2a is a splendid example of a very capable designer & 3D printer.

I recently got some custom 3D printed adapters to mate various power tools to a Festool vacuum from a similar very capable entrepreneur and they work great. Nice to see this segment continuing to grow.

Well done Mossy2a!
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
impressive fabrication!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue on my sisters 2015 GLA 250, the plastic slides are gone. If possible, I would like to give your replacements a try. Sent you a PM as well

thanks
thought I would try and get a “fix” for this that isn’t crazy cost and can be done without removing the roof.

I spent some time designing a Replacement shoe that can be easily fitted from the top.

I used a new shoe to get the external dimensions and 3d printed some to install into my vehicle that has broken.

I have now had these fitted for 6 months and they were used throughout summer without issues.

if anyone wants any, let me know. I can give some details on fitting.
Hey Mossy,
That’s an impressive fabrication! I’m have the exact same issue w my GLA. How can I buy a set of for from you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
thought I would try and get a “fix” for this that isn’t crazy cost and can be done without removing the roof.

I spent some time designing a Replacement shoe that can be easily fitted from the top.

I used a new shoe to get the external dimensions and 3d printed some to install into my vehicle that has broken.

I have now had these fitted for 6 months and they were used throughout summer without issues.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my GLA. Would appreciate details of how to buy (or 3D print) and install same.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
Please PM me. I'd like to buy them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thats an excellent idea, i have the same issue and i don`t want to open the hole sunroof or spend to much money $$$$... can you pls send me the 3d printing file to try this? paid its OK of course , also send me pay pal acount, thanks..... [email protected]
i would really apreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Also have a 2015 C300. How do I order a set from you? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Would love some information on these and how to install! Mine went about 6 months ago. Had been hoping a recall would be put into place but we are all still waiting I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I’d love for you to 3D print a full set for me . I am more than ok to pay you for it
Would you be okay to print a set for me please and tell me how much I owe you please
sincere thanks
Faried Chothia
[email protected]

tel +61492837570. mobile number and WhatsApp number

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Thank you most sincerely for your extremely generous offer to assist those out there that are not as technically minded as you. Yes I’d love to buy a set of the shoes from you. Please advise the cost and how soon it could be sent out to me and how I should make the payment to you. Also if it all possible please can you supply a diagram of how it’s meant to be fitted on to wherever it fits and how to put them into position and tighten them

most sincerely
Faried Chothia
+61492837570
[email protected]

please could you advise if you are able to sell me a full set as well as the fitting details
sincerely
Faried Chothia
+61492837570
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts

Let me know how I can order these please. It’s insane what Mercedes wants to replace the entire frame. Would really appreciate it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

It's indeed a very common problem for these sliders/shoes brake. For this reason we have developed sliders that can replace the standard sliders. We have reinforced this with a maximum amount of continues Carbon fiber. This makes them very strong.
With this I have already been able to help many Mercedes enthusiasts in the Netherlands because the original solution from Mercedes is unaffordable!

Please let me know if I can help you too with this.
Contact me via [email protected]

Output device Font Magenta Gadget Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Wayne,

To be honest, I've never replaced them myself. The official way is to disassemble the entire sunroof in order to replace it. But I have had also customers who pushed the entire carriage forward in the rail and then pushed the slides in with a little force.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
There have been several reports here regarding problems on those slides. If you have a permanent solution you would be a hero. I think you could be well served and be doing everyone a service if you had a quick picture tutorial on a simple installation method.

I don't open our sunroof because I don't want to break it. Seems like a shame to have it and then be afraid to use it 8(

·
Registered
612 Posts
Alp, I said this in the other thread.

The cost is too high if you have to disassemble the roof to replace it. If you want to justify the cost, you need more value-add than just 'unbreakable'. You need it to be installable in-situ.

IMO, that is the only way you can justify the price you are asking. And you have to include very clear, step-by-step instructions with pictures.

The tricky part, is that those instructions have to work for your product only, and not the OEM. Otherwise people will download your instructions and use the $12 OEM part and off they go.

----------------------

I do have a suggestion. As far as I can tell, the only way to install the OEM part in-situ is by weakening it by filing a groove in the part right at the weakest point. If that is truly the only way, then your part has an advantage because the weakest point is strengthened by that CF hoop. If you change your mold (too late, huh) to add the groove for install-ability, and demonstrate that it can be installed without disassembly, you can make the case that the OEM product can't be installed in place because you are necessarily weakening the part to get it to pass the pivot pin during install.

That means people can still buy the OEM and bypass your part, but are doing so with a part weaker than the OEM part that broke to begin with. That is a stronger case to buy your product. Even at 10 times the OEM cost.

Anyway, good luck with your product. I hope you sell enough of them to get noticed by MB, I hope you have IP on the concept, and I hope MB buys out your IP to incorporate as an OEM product moving forward. You'll have earned it for the idea.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts