Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
I’d love to get a set! If you’d be so kind to send me a message with further instruction and how you got them installed. I’d greatly appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Mossy2a is a splendid example of a very capable designer & 3D printer.

I recently got some custom 3D printed adapters to mate various power tools to a Festool vacuum from a similar very capable entrepreneur and they work great. Nice to see this segment continuing to grow.

Well done Mossy2a!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
Hey :) i faced exacly same problem but the point is i don't know how to pop old ones out and put in new ones.. i need some guide for that. Can you please explain how did you get them out ?

My problem was started to happening when i open the roof and drove arround and heard some noises when i hit the hole on the road. So i went check the sunroof and i was right... On left side this thing is fixed on the right side it has space to move up down left and right... From then i am not opening the roof annymore 😔.

mercedez dealer told me i need to replace both rails and it cost me 1600€. Im not gaveing them a freaking cent 😤😤.....

So i realy hope someone can help me with guide how to get those things out and replace them 🙏🙏
Help please 🙏🙏

·
Registered
1 Posts
thought I would try and get a “fix” for this that isn’t crazy cost and can be done without removing the roof.

I spent some time designing a Replacement shoe that can be easily fitted from the top.

I used a new shoe to get the external dimensions and 3d printed some to install into my vehicle that has broken.

I have now had these fitted for 6 months and they were used throughout summer without issues.

if anyone wants any, let me know. I can give some details on fitting.
hi This would be great if i could get some of these from you ..im in France and i was quted 1600 euros to replace the Rails

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was driving last night with my sunroof open. Heard something crack and the found later plastic pieces of the shoe on the right side of the car. I can't find the part number or a replacement. Dealership is closed today for super bowl. The window is stuck on tilt and I would love to get this part replaced asap so I can close the window. Its been nasty weather in Chicago. pic is the non broken side. I need the bottom part that the "Y" looking piece fits in to.

GLA 250 2015. Base

2021 with less than 100 miles. Didn't hear a crack but couldn't close the pano all the way. sooo still happening....

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
49 Posts
I am not sure if this is what was wrong with my panoramic sunroof, but the first day I used the sunroof for the GLA I bought in January, it wasn't closing quite right. first it would start to close, then open again. I kept trying and eventually, it closed, but stuck up a little on one side. With the help of another pair of hands, we guided it to try to open/close/open and it finally closed. I made an appointment at the dealership. The night before the appointment I tried the "resetting" option I read about in the owner's manual, but the sunroof wouldn't open at all now.

So, at the dealership the next day...they got it open but couldn't get the thing to close again. Now it's sitting at the deal (inside) waiting for parts. All I can say is, "Thank goodness for CPO!!" The repair is covered and I'll just be without a car for a few days.

Having read about this, I am shocked at how many people have problems with this sunroof. When I bought this car used, I chose one with the pano over one with the backup camera because I really like the pano sunroof in my Audi that I was replacing. But, does using these break them prematurely? Can I afford to enjoy it if it's going to break again in a few years without warranty coverage? Will MB figure out how to fix these right and give us longevity or is planned obsolescence a more sustainable model for selling cars? Hrumph...my Audi never had any problems with its panoramic sunroof.

I wonder if there are enough people out there across all the models with this problem to do something to compel MB to come up with a better long-term fix that they will do at a deep discount. It really doesn't seem like something that should fail so early and so often, right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
thought I would try and get a “fix” for this that isn’t crazy cost and can be done without removing the roof.

I spent some time designing a Replacement shoe that can be easily fitted from the top.

I used a new shoe to get the external dimensions and 3d printed some to install into my vehicle that has broken.

I have now had these fitted for 6 months and they were used throughout summer without issues.

it's really look good, i have a same problem and if you share 3d blue print with me or everyone in here, i really appreciate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue going on, the drivers side tilt won’t close all the way. Anyone know if the dealer will at least close it to seal? At this point I don’t care if the pano is operational since rainy season is coming and I definitely don’t have the cash to cough up to fix it.
I have this exact issue on a 2015 cla, took the liner down and even brought a new motor for passenger side and still nothing, then switched motors and casings with driver side to test the motor and clipped it on and it worked so the motor isnt fried it just doesn't seem to move for some reason whereas the driver side does (im in UK btw so driver side is right hand side) next step is take the whole roof out and try to force the stuck side open with a screwdriver or something as im all out of ideas, passenger side hinge/arm just wont open at all for some reason, hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello. It would be helpful if you can send the file to be able to do it in the 3d printer. I would greatly appreciate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found similar but better offer and should come earlier. Anyway a bit effort to find but there are actually plenty of them. Anyone got any tutorial how to install them?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts