Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
I’d love to get a set! If you’d be so kind to send me a message with further instruction and how you got them installed. I’d greatly appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
506 Posts
Mossy2a is a splendid example of a very capable designer & 3D printer.

I recently got some custom 3D printed adapters to mate various power tools to a Festool vacuum from a similar very capable entrepreneur and they work great. Nice to see this segment continuing to grow.

Well done Mossy2a!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, I have designed and 3d printed some for my roof that slot in easy and take minimum effort to install. Let me know if your interested in having some. I too didn’t like the information from Mercedes who basically said you need a new roof assembly. These have been installed now for 4+ months and are still working well. View attachment 26225
Hey :) i faced exacly same problem but the point is i don't know how to pop old ones out and put in new ones.. i need some guide for that. Can you please explain how did you get them out ?

My problem was started to happening when i open the roof and drove arround and heard some noises when i hit the hole on the road. So i went check the sunroof and i was right... On left side this thing is fixed on the right side it has space to move up down left and right... From then i am not opening the roof annymore 😔.

mercedez dealer told me i need to replace both rails and it cost me 1600€. Im not gaveing them a freaking cent 😤😤.....

So i realy hope someone can help me with guide how to get those things out and replace them 🙏🙏
Help please 🙏🙏

41 - 43 of 43 Posts