Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had many Mercedes. It this is my first certified.
Much was posted about service types, but it’s still not clear to me:
1. I would think that the first service is the A service. And that after he A service at 10,000, a B service follows. Then why does my car display A service due soon? Did they reset the counter wrong ?
2. What’s this thing with the A0, B3 and so on services ? Is that the first service in the row and so on?
3. I looked at the list of what’s done in the A service. I also looked at a video of what was done in an A service for a W124. I mean that was 2 hours worth of work maybe ?
Grease the door locks with Mercedes grease, align doors hood and trunk, check parking position of wipers, orient jets of windshield, rear window and headlights washers, etc, where are all those ?
4. To me, from that small List of what is done in A, the ones I’d love to get are cleaning and regreasing of the sunroof and brake fluid flush.
how could I Even check that the brake flush happened ? I may have to ask the service manager to show me.
I just have a dealer trust problem.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that I think ATE had two colors, Blue and Orange, for this purpose, for their racing fluids, but then DOT had put them on notice due to violation of color coding. Supposedly the blue brake fluid was being removed from the vendors.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with used cars assume nothing was done and use factory schedule but ignore exaggeratedly long oil change intervals. For mr I do all my work and do well with this.
But now I have to navigate the CPO situation.
od course I have an Indy that specializes in German cars. But he won’t be able to do free warranty work.

on the A and B, I still have questions:
Say the B includes air filter, cabin filter, wiper blades.
Say they quote me $250 for B.
I come in and in the parking lot check their work an take air filter out and find out it’s still old one (I could see the date or even put my signature on it)
They must replace the items called out to be replaced, regardless of their condition, no? And the price of all fluids and spare parts is included, right?

My car I bought certified at 11k miles. It had just been serviced. I thought that was an A service.
Now it’s at 19k miles.
I messaged the sales person at the dealership.
But his answer was that maybe the previous owner did a service before it was due. Makes no sense.
I will try to ask the service manager at the dealership where I bought it.
they were the interim owner between private owners and they serviced it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was told that the previous owner did a service and that A is due. They offer A done at home by means of Mercedes Service Van.
They also told me that there's a way to observe the work being done, at the dealership.

Some of my confusion is also because I thought that Mercedes came up with A and B by cropping out of the maintenance manual, that which is due at 10K miles, 20 K miles, etc. I though that the maintenance manual coordinates with A&B.
They did "the 10K miles service" by performing the items called for by the manual at 10k miles, while the car was in their possession. Apparently that also covered a B, I think now.

I did a partial brake bleed on the C63 and I had done my best to replace the fluid there. I noticed that 2 years later, the fluid takes a yellow-orange color. So this may be a way to tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts