Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
1. The A and B services alternate each year or by mileage. Presumably they did the much more thorough B service to certify pre-owned and therefore your next due is A.
2. Yes, presumably.
3. Yes, the A service is relatively minor with oil change, checks and adjustments. B however is significantly more extensive.
4. Yes, cleaning the sunroof drains and lubricating the runners is oft overlooked. See DIY video below.
The only real way to tell if your brake fluid was flushed/replaced is if they used a differing color, so prior to service note/photo same and hope these use a different product (I know, hope is not a strategy, better to watch them). btw: I use a different color brake fluid when I flush mine so I know when the old is completely purged.

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
Yes, I think I know the same. ;) But even "US DOT approved color" can be just enough different from brand to brand to assist in determining a complete flush. Fortunately I still have some fresh differing colors.

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
Around the turn of the current century Benz' reliability rating had slipped from its historic high. They analyzed and found that many folks weren't bothering with the recommended service intervals. So circa 2006 Benz instituted the in-warranty mandated A & B cycles and as a result reliability rating thereafter returned to a high level.
Some think this cycle is overkill and most consider them expensive but there was a reasoned rationale for this approach. Gotta protect many folks from themselves. Of course not we enthusiasts and hence ... ;)

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
Yes, they should replace all items on the 'B' schedule of maintenance. Sometimes you have to remind/push them a bit, e.g. they sometimes forget wiper blade replacement. In my Audi one time they forgot to do the biennial brake fluid flush. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the owner did a service? If it was done at Mercedes they certainly should have a record. But more than that if it's a Certified Pre-Owned there's a very specific and fairly wide ranging list of items to be done to be so certified, and again they should have a record of same. :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts