Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
There are tools that will measure the moisture content of your brake fluid. I consider 1% water OK but I flush if it gets higher. Unfortunately on the GLA master cylinder (at least on my model) I can't get to the fluid to test it. So routine flushing is the norm. Just be careful not to let the master go dry ... air in the system can affect the ABS and require a completely different bleed process.

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
I ran into the service codes early in my ownership. On my 2017 45 I found reset options for A, B, D, E1, E2, G, etc (the letters may have been different but you get the idea). The dealer couldn't tell me what all of these extra choices were. I contacted the AMG Private Lounge and they didn't know. It was finally decided that the software engineers had a mind of their own and what they did was not transferred to any documentation outside of their department.

So, IMHO, the service letter is meaningless and it is nothing to obsess over. Use the service interval chart in the Owner's Manual to calculate what to do when. Cut the oil change interval in half (Used Oil Analysis indicates this is wise). The cabin filter interval can probably be doubled.

Anyway, when you buy a used car you start with the assumption nothing has been done (unless you have proof to the contrary) and do everything. Take a picture of the odometer for your records. File it in your GLA History Book with the receipts. Add the information into your table of services (include a column for next due to help you track things). And then put a post it note on the cover for date or miles to the next service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts