Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GLA250 4matic
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Your advice is appreciated again please. And thank you in advance.

GLA250 4matic is a '16 with 37,700 miles.

CPA+ warning has been lit consistently for weeks but car drives fine. I read how this malfunction may stall the car on highways so I'm concerned.

Service B is also due so I'll have my indi garage perform it and check the CPA+.

I read that it's advantageous to change rear differential oil proactively, should I ask my mechanic to perform such? What about front differential & transmission fluids? Change all or can I wait til next year when Service A is due? The CPA+ repair may cost hence I'm trying to watch my spending here.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
The transmission oil change on the front (DCT) is on a 30K schedule for the 45. I would do the same for the 250 although it may be longer per MB. Some have done this themselves but, while I believe in DIY, this is the one service I hand over to the dealer or a good indie.

IMHO the rear diff oil should be changed every 10K miles. This is cheap and easy to do (I do a simple drain and fill although I've read about this being potentially much more involved).

·
Registered
667 Posts
I’m curious about your cpa resolution. I’m guessing distronic doesn’t work too?

i’ve gotten the cpa warning a fewtimes after a gentle frontal bump but only intermittent and more likely to happen in the cold. I’ve cleaned the sensor and bumper window, verified the mount isn’t broken and conclude for me it’s electrical and needs replacement. The radar is NOT cheap. But no issues all summer and fall, so ah well. A mercedes electrical ghost.

anyways, I’ll be curious if the dealer does anything for you besides dismount the bumper, point and say “yup its a radar sensor there” and tell you it’s $2000 to replace.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You could say that, it hasn't shown up in over 6 months, so yeah, in a way I am living with it.... I tabled it until winter. Urgency to deal with it is low.

I thought the radar and CPA were connected. I never researched CPA minus Distronic, I just assumed you had to have both to get either function. Turns out it is not true:

That explains the "pack of cigarettes" parts I often found looking for my distronic radar. I didn't pay attention too much, but I do believe your CPA sensor is about 25% the cost of my radar. Not 25% off, but 25%. Makes your repair much more palatable...

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
141 Posts
You could say that, it hasn't shown up in over 6 months, so yeah, in a way I am living with it.... I tabled it until winter. Urgency to deal with it is low.

I thought the radar and CPA were connected. I never researched CPA minus Distronic, I just assumed you had to have both to get either function. Turns out it is not true:

That explains the "pack of cigarettes" parts I often found looking for my distronic radar. I didn't pay attention too much, but I do believe your CPA sensor is about 25% the cost of my radar. Not 25% off, but 25%. Makes your repair much more palatable...
Yes, CPA and DISTRONIC are independent of each other and use different sensors on first generation models, confirmed by my service centre. the picture below shows the location of CPA sensors, location is roughly the same in the GLA. On second gen vehicles and all new models, the CPA sensor is the same as the DISTRONIC sensor, hence why DISTRONIC can easily be retrofitted with a switch set and coding on the new models and is so difficult and expensive for first gens; no new steering column, wiring harness or radar sensors need to be added. this probably lowers manufacturing and subsequent vehicle costs too, and makes repair work easier.

Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

On a cla250:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Building Automotive wheel system Engineering

Hi All,

Your advice is appreciated again please. And thank you in advance.

GLA250 4matic is a '16 with 37,700 miles.

CPA+ warning has been lit consistently for weeks but car drives fine. I read how this malfunction may stall the car on highways so I'm concerned.
this thread on cal forum may be helpful: CLA250 2014 Collision Prevention Assist (Warning)
try finding out if your issue is a software malfunction, I can't see much else for an explanation since the car functions as normal despite the warning. I didn't check the thread in depth, but you could be having the same problem as outlined above. even some dirt in the connector might be causing the issue.

·
Registered
2016 GLA250 4matic
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I scheduled Service B with my indie garage for $350.

They also quoted me the followings (per my request) for another session, what do you guys think?

Spark plugs $390
Front & Rear Differential $429
Transmission fluid service $734

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts