Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,411 Posts
Just about to get my first service, and my dealer is offering 4 yr for 1275. He told me he ran the numbers for a buddy who also bought a GLA and the 4 yr saved about 30%. Seems like a good deal to me.

Any thoughts? (PLEASE HURRY, NEED TO DECIDE TODAY)
Take the deal! The fourth year is the expensive one. In Hawaii I paid $1475 for four years and at local rates was pleased with that. All MB shop rates are high, but at least this gives some assurance to the dealer of a returning customer that might get you into the showroom, and as rates inflate, you might break even or better.

· Registered
1,411 Posts
You could be right about the third or fourth year, I haven't really checked the service schedule for my 250. It was the fourth year on my VW GTI. The prices you note above seem pretty high and perhaps include more than the standard A/B service you'd get from an MB dealer. Or are they perhaps a la carte pricing?

· Registered
1,411 Posts
I'd go with the pre-paid assuming you get the price right, last few MBs I've gotten it for way lower than the cost at that time from their service dept, this is an item the dealership has a lot of latitude over even if they tell you service is a separate dept, it's all the same dealership. Of course don't forget, you need to keep the car long enough and then there's the loss of use of the money during that time and last, if you roll it into your loan or lease it'll cost you interest so have them sharpen their deal.
A specific provision of our four year maintenance plan is that any portion not used due to early sale of the car before all four years of service are complete is prorated and refundable. Otherwise, I'd not have taken it. MB does the same provision for MBrace or any other multi-year program, like extended or additional warranties (e.g., wheels).

· Registered
1,411 Posts
I doubt that things like tires and brake pads are included in any of the plans.
Wheels and tires are a separate plan...it's not replacing them after normal wear, but more like insurance for scraped rims or run-flats that can't be repaired. I opted out of that, but continue to second guess that decision. One event could equal the cost of the plan over three or four years.

· Registered
1,411 Posts
I didn't realize that you could prorate the prepaid maintenance. I dismissed it out of hand as I wasn't planning on keeping this car forever.
Our local dealership packages are available for 1-2-3-4 years (maybe more), and should you sell the car before the selected term ends, they offer a pro-rated refund. This is for service only. There are separate packages for tire and rim damage, extended warranty, and one or two other service-related options.

· Registered
1,411 Posts
I did as turbolink did with my previous BMW, and ran non run flats for about 2 years, no issues.
That wasn't me, not sure who you are referring to. However, our GLA is my first experience with run flats. I skipped the tire/wheel coverage with a bit of trepidation, hoping for the best; our island roads are not in the best repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.