Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that every one have different reasons to purchase this car but one of the many features that attracted me was the reasonable MPG for a car with 350+HP

That being said, to the 45 owners, what kind of real world MPGs are you getting with your cars?
All the reviews for this car quoted the EPA estimates.

Much thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I understand that every one have different reasons to purchase this car but one of the many features that attracted me was the reasonable MPG for a car with 350+HP

That being said, to the 45 owners, what kind of real world MPGs are you getting with your cars?
All the reviews for this car quoted the EPA estimates.

Much thanks
I'm curious about this too. I just picked up mine this afternoon and thus far my mileage has been atrocious. I'm curious to know how others are faring with theirs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
After 5 months since I collected my car in Nov 2014, I am averaging about 22mpg. 50% city and 50% highway driving.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm curious about this too. I just picked up mine this afternoon and thus far my mileage has been atrocious. I'm curious to know how others are faring with theirs.
I got 18 mpg the first week in urban driving with short trips where the motor hadn't warmed up and using lots of throttle the 3rd and 4th week didnt help much. On a longer trip to tahoe with 3/4 70 mph cruise and 1/4 45 mph ice for an avg of 60 mph +- it returned 36 mpg:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got 18 mpg the first week in urban driving with short trips where the motor hadn't warmed up and using lots of throttle the 3rd and 4th week didnt help much. On a longer trip to tahoe with 3/4 70 mph cruise and 1/4 45 mph ice for an avg of 60 mph +- it returned 36 mpg:)
What are you averaging now per tank with normal driving habits?

·
Registered
68 Posts
All the cars I've bought new have gotten lousy mileage the first few tankfulls. It gradually improves over about a couple of months then stabilizes. My GLA 45 is now getting 18-19 mpg in mixed driving, and on my first road trip the onboard computer says I'm getting 26.1 mpg (generally cruising 80-85 mph).

·
Registered
49 Posts
That seems way worse than the estimates, no? I read a review that said they were getting 27-29mpg combined driving over their test period. I doubt they were driving like grandma either.

Was doing some very tame city driving with lots of traffic today and managed 13L/100km, which is decent but still pretty bad considering how little I was pressing on the throttle.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies.... I understand especially with this model people will have a heavy foot for the first few months or year. Glad to hear the tahoe adventure yield reasonable results.

keep them coming!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I took mine on a trip on the weekend it used 7.6L/100 km

around town its @ 13L/100km including giving it a bit of a flogging every night for about 1/2 an hour

·
Registered
243 Posts
Seems like the real world numbers, at least the ones reported here, are lower than the EPA reported ones. Fuelly has 6 registered and they average 26.7 mpg, so that is a good sign.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was scared to check but i did and I am averaging ~16.3. lol

That is a mix of city and highway but keep in mind that it is in Los Angeles rush hour traffic where the highway is also stop and go about 80% of the traffic. My travel is about an hour (if I am lucky without an accident) and i think i spend about 45-50 minutes of stop and go traffic. Once I am free to let loose, it's about 5-10 minutes of fast driving (60-80 mph).

Oh and I really do not use Eco mode, almost always on Sport at maybe 95% of the time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got back from road trip LA to SF and back, cruising at 85 mph generally with bursts of speed while passing at up to 104 mph, the highway-only tankfuls were 24.14 and 25.16 mpg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I leave it in comfort mode but with Eco off, I can manage about 28 mpg in combined city / highway driving just driving normally. If I "play" that number obviously goes down. Also seems to drop very slightly if I use the "sports handling" feature. Sports mode instead of comfort will drop it even more. Just passed 1000 miles today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I leave it in comfort mode but with Eco off, I can manage about 28 mpg in combined city / highway driving just driving normally. If I "play" that number obviously goes down. Also seems to drop very slightly if I use the "sports handling" feature. Sports mode instead of comfort will drop it even more. Just passed 1000 miles today.
That's pretty impressive. I hope I can get up to those numbers. I actually don't mind the eco start/stop feature and have kind of gotten used to it. Works well with the HOLD feature.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a hard time getting used to the engine shutting completely off when in full stop, just so weird but definitely gets people looking since it is dead silent then the engine turns on with the exhaust note when I let go of the brakes.

I did try driving in comfort minus the eco/start&stop system and got better mpg, from 16 to 20/21.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts