Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanna ask how upset or worst are you having in your GLA 250. First of all, we are financing a 2021 MB GLA 250, it's already in its 2nd year. Wife is only using it for work, kids' school, and city driving. Having a brand new vehicle that is already showing serious issues was very disappointing, especially since it's a German car, proven for a quality vehicle. In its first year, our issues are noisy engine/ fan belt noise during cold start, and the AC's blowing air with a foul smell. AC's issue has been resolved by changing the cabin filter less than a year "imagine". 1st 10,000 miles of maintenance were done in the dealership service. After 5 mos, the steering column had been replaced. After 6 mos, 20,000 miles of maintenance were done again in the dealership. After a month of engine light lit up, drove the vehicle to the dealership service, and found out that the cylinder head needs to be replaced, and I'm like WTF!!!! in 2 years!!!! the engine is already messed up!!!! We leased a 2014 MB C-250 for four years and never had an issue. I don't know if we are really unfortunate with this situation or if they sold us a failed quality inspected vehicle (sounds ridiculous)!!!! Please help me if you guys are having the same problems as us, need some serious advice!!!! Thank you so much.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
141 Posts
Hi guys, just wanna ask how upset or worst are you having in your GLA 250. First of all, we are financing a 2021 MB GLA 250, it's already in its 2nd year. Wife is only using it for work, kids' school, and city driving. Having a brand new vehicle that is already showing serious issues was very disappointing, especially since it's a German car, proven for a quality vehicle. In its first year, our issues are noisy engine/ fan belt noise during cold start, and the AC's blowing air with a foul smell. AC's issue has been resolved by changing the cabin filter less than a year "imagine". 1st 10,000 miles of maintenance were done in the dealership service. After 5 mos, the steering column had been replaced. After 6 mos, 20,000 miles of maintenance were done again in the dealership. After a month of engine light lit up, drove the vehicle to the dealership service, and found out that the cylinder head needs to be replaced, and I'm like WTF!!!! in 2 years!!!! the engine is already messed up!!!! We leased a 2014 MB C-250 for four years and never had an issue. I don't know if we are really unfortunate with this situation or if they sold us a failed quality inspected vehicle (sounds ridiculous)!!!! Please help me if you guys are having the same problems as us, need some serious advice!!!! Thank you so much.
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately, your complaints sound eerily familiar. Many people have been complaining about quality issues in the second generation GLA, dealers have even gone as far as saying that the GLA is no E-Class or S-Class, so quality will be of a lower standard and owners are to expect that, a very different picture than the dealer paints when they want to sell the car.

Another user on the forum had a complaint about a pulley making a lot of noise, and was effectively told to suck it by Mercedes after they couldn't fix the problem 2021 GLA 250 pulley noise

AC sounds like it's not really a car issue, depending on the kind of environment you live in the filter can get dirty quickly. could have been some contamination in the system

I've never heard of a steering column issue, this may be a one-off failure on your car. Did your wife hit any big potholes or turn the wheel while it was pressed up against a curb or something that could put unusual stress on the system?

Cylinder head issue has become fairly common, especially around the 15-30K miles window. Cylinder head replacement under warranty-20,800 miles The problem is so common to the point that MB is actually keeping them in warehouse stock for warranty replacements. We are all hoping for a recall to be put out, so report this issue to the NHTSA to accelerate a recall or force one (I have advised other members to do so as well). This has become a frequent enough issue to warrant a recall, but manufacturers often won't put one out unless they're forced to because it means that they have to fix cars that may not even have an issue out-of-pocket.

Continue dealer servicing until end of warranty so they can't point fingers at someone else for mechanical issues. I advise you look at extended warranty, or have a talk with the GM about your disappointments and see if they'll give you a discount on extended warranty for assurance. If they are dismissive, you can be upfront with them and say you're considering trading the car for something else.

All the best, glad to have you join the forum. Sorry to hear about your issues. Many new models have QC issues when they first come out and they are fixed over time. that's just the cost of having the latest model sadly

·
Registered
2022 GLA250 4MATIC
14 Posts
Would it be a good candidate for a lemon law case? Look up the conditions for your state. My last car had a lot of issues that were really frustrating, but the law was on my side and I came out of it without any loss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts