Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

It seams that once colder weather hits my seat belts rattle. The rattling comes from the inside of the seat belt adjuster area- next to your ear!. Last year a dealership added some felt/velvet lining to the tracks of the adjuster which worked to eliminate the noise. However, the noise started again recently. Took to a different dealer and they ended up replacing the seat belt adjusters. Both times at the dealer they fixed both driver and passenger side.

A concern I have is that come next winter when I'm out of warranty the problem with appear again. Has anyone dealt with this and have advise/suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Same issue on my 2015 GLA250 that's out of warranty. I live with it.

As one of the technical support people where I work once told a customer complaining of noise in their steering system, "You got a radio in that truck? Well, turn the SOB up!"

Obviously he wasn't employed after that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had similar issue with rattle on my 2018 gla250. Rattle appeared passenger side rear seat area. I was able to pin point the rattle spot which turned out to be top seat retractor. Took it to dealership and they've applied felts which did not solved my problem. I ended up with inserting chunks of foam pads around the retractor area. See attached photo with red circle for areas I've inserted foams. Tested & rattle is gone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts