Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got hit my someone's side mirror today. I have provided a picture

It is not on the paint area on the middle glass area. Does anyone know what I should do to remove the scratch , not too deep. I was thinking of buying Formula 1 scratch out paste , but i'm not sure if it will work on that middle area.

Or any easy DIY (TOOTHPASTE)?

THANK YOU

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I would try Meguiars Fine Cut Cleaner followed by Meguiars Swirl Remover by hand using a microfiber cloth.

You might also look into something like 3M headlight restoration kit.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Took me a bit to see the mar on the clear part of the mirror housing… this will be tough to "remove" since you take a chance at dulling the entire clear area where the damaged occurred. Boxster986S has a few very good suggestions… I would add Griots Glass Polish which is probably the least aggressive polish around and with that said it will definitely require more "elbow grease"

·
Registered
880 Posts
Good question...

I dont have the car right now but you gotta determine if the clear is plastic or glass.

Glass: you can mask the scratched area maybe with the clear resin, like a windshield repair kit.

Plastic: if the scratch is deep you will need to cut it back (thin it) and polish it out like others have mentioned, start with a cutting agent/ wet sand, follow up by swirl remover, polish, and seal.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I believe the area in question is a polycarbonate lens (plastic if you like)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts