Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. Bought my 2015 GLA 250 in October and have about 2,500 miles on it. Love it! It's a huge upgrade for me coming from a Toyota Corolla.

I do Interstate driving about 150 miles one way 1 or 2x a month. I have some small rock chip dots on the the side mirrors. Those don't bother me. They just look like pen dots and it's not deep.

Coming back from my drive this weekend, I noticed a very small scratch on the hood. It is small but it looks like the metal is exposed and I'm worried about it rusting.

What do you recommend? Does the dealer have DIY paint pens? Should I ask the dealer?

I'll try and take a pic and post it when I figure out how to. ☺

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to the dealership. They have a person who comes in and does touch ups. He says minor ones are $25-$100. I'll probably have him do it and see the results.

I'm pretty bummed out though that the paint chips pretty easily.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If the guy the dealer uses is GOOD I would do that. I've not needed it yet on my 45AMG but have on previous MB and Porsches-same dealership and came back undetectable every time. Ask to talk to their guy and show him the car and gauge his reply.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I absolutely use clear bra on any of my cars…been doing for 20+ years. The GLA45 has Matrix Premium Shield and only with a VERY critical eye can you tell there is a clear bra on the car (front fascia, front fenders, whole hood, outside mirrors and lower air dam)

Having the clear bra gives me peace of mind knowing if it takes a hit the material can be removed and replace… without a clear bra attempts to repair chips etc to me just don't work…paint 'blending' is near impossible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.