Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best cleaning product for the Sail interior (patterned aluminum). It look like something was spilled on mine. I made the mistake of letting my son drive his friends 2 miles to the store and noticed it when he returned. It doesn’t feel sticky but I can see it at an angle from the drivers seat. Thank you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cotton cloth with a mild cleaner spray (on the cloth), then immediately wipe clean and dry with a different cotton cloth. Micro fiber works as well. Best to start light, and get more aggressive in small increments.

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
Excellent guidance, especially initially going least invasive. A quality automotive interior cleaner is my initial go-to in such situations (typically pH balanced). Then a solution of Dawn dishwashing if still persistent. Citrus based Goo-gone if it turns out to be an adhesive or further 3M adhesive solvent.

Cotton cloth with a mild cleaner spray (on the cloth), then immediately wipe clean and dry with a different cotton cloth. Micro fiber works as well. Best to start light, and get more aggressive in small increments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts