Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be conflicting info on the internet (as if that is new :D ) as to whether the GLA45 comes with run flats or non fun flats (with a air pump and sealant system in the boot). So for those of you that have the GLA45 what say you. Inquiring minds want to know

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm super curious about this as well. Given what I've read from here so far, I'm tempted to ask the dealer for conventional tires instead of run-flats when I pick mine up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The 45 both c and gla come with normal tires, albeit high end and pricey . Mine had the excellent conti sportcontact 5 summers. With the 20 inch gla wheel there is no corresponding all season but i think there are some dedicated winters in that size. Yes run flats would make an already firm ride too harsh

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The 45 both c and gla come with normal tires, albeit high end and pricey . Mine had the excellent conti sportcontact 5 summers. With the 20 inch gla wheel there is no corresponding all season but i think there are some dedicated winters in that size. Yes run flats would make an already firm ride too harsh
This is excellent news… I live in Florida and AS tires etc is not needed or desired…extreme performance summer fits the bill perfectly

·
Registered
470 Posts
Regular summer tires in the 19s over here.

It's funny because they tried to sell me the wheel and tire protection package because run flats cost $1000+ to replace one and I had to tell them my car doesn't even have run flats. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts

It's funny because they tried to sell me the wheel and tire protection package because run flats cost $1000+ to replace one and I had to tell them my car doesn't even have run flats. lol
AMG or 250? Was that stock or did you ask the dealer to change the tires? What will you do if you get a flat... do you have a spare?

·
Registered
353 Posts
My GLA45 comes with ContisportContact 5P on my 20" rims and I have the air pump & sealant in the boot of the car.

Trust this helps!

·
Registered
49 Posts
My GLA45 comes with ContisportContact 5P on my 20" rims and I have the air pump & sealant in the boot of the car.

Trust this helps!
Are those runflats? Were they supposed to come with those, or did you make a special request at the time of purchase?

·
Registered
470 Posts
AMG or 250? Was that stock or did you ask the dealer to change the tires? What will you do if you get a flat... do you have a spare?
AMG and it is stock. No spare but it comes with the TireFit Kit, the same one Azrielsc described, it comes with an air compressor and sealant.

Worst comes to worst, I also have AAA.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Adolini

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Picked up (4/10) the GLA45 (US spec) we ordered in November… it most assuredly has Summer Performance Tires that are NOT run flats.

ContiSportContact 5P
Z Rated
235/45 ZR19

Treadwear Rating: 240 (which basically means lower tread life and higher traction/bite and handling…tire performance over tread life is way more important to me)
Traction: AA
Temperature: A

The vehicle window sticker has the following:
The wheels and tires on this vehicle are designed for high performance driving and as such will experience increased tread wear…. These tires are not designed for use on ice and snow

Since I live in Florida these are perfect tires for me…performance period.

This is the boot of the GLA45… is has the Harman Kardon amps and sub woofer (bottom area) and in the upper right area the air pump and tire sealer to cover getting a flat. Does not come with a jack, but I will get an OEM jack and put back there

·
Registered
49 Posts
Spoke to the dealer about the GLA 45 I'm supposed to be receiving next week. Same deal. Non-runflat 19" summer performance tires with a patch kit in the trunk. I'm in Montreal, Canada.

Really weird that some people are getting run-flats, and others aren't. I'm very happy that mine doesn't have run-flats.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a MB part number or numbers for the patch kit and compressor? My GLA 250 came with Goodyear run flats and I would like to may be buy the patch kit to give me more future options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There seems to be conflicting info on the internet (as if that is new :D ) as to whether the GLA45 comes with run flats or non fun flats (with a air pump and sealant system in the boot). So for those of you that have the GLA45 what say you. Inquiring minds want to know
I have the ContiSportContact's with the compressor and 'Fix-a-Flat' kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I got the same spiel from the finance guy at the end of the deal.

I have the ContiSportContact's and they cost less per tire than the Michelin's on my wife's Acura.

What run flats do they put on the 45?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am not sure which ones but I do know it's made by Continental, might be the ContiProContact SSRs?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For the standard AMG 19" wheels that come on the GLA45 (US spec):

ContiSportContact 5P
Z Rated
235/45 ZR19

·
Registered
470 Posts
^ ^ ^

I think he is asking which run flats they put and those aren't run flats.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts