Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great one of my tires has a nail in it and I can hear the air leaking. Went to Costco to ask for a plug, the guy said they were to busy and told me to come another day :mad:. Went to Firestone and they said no due to it being run flats and Continentals policy on plugs :confused:. Seeing its Sunday everyone else is closed. Gonna go to tire shop and replacing hopefully just 1 tire and not a pair of new crap flats...I mean run flats. My car is on 2 front jack stands right now you guys think that's okay?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The reason run flats shouldn't be repaired is because usually you drive some distance on them and damage the structure that keeps them rigid. So plugging them after 30 miles of driving will fix the flat but now you may have an internal rigid ring that's bent and so misbalanced, sidewalls may be damaged and in heat may expand and blow out etc. This is why many shops won't do the fix. Technically if you barely drove on them - shouldn't be a reason why you couldn't that I see. Maybe take it off the car and schlep it over in another vehicle just to be safe?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh - if you have to replace it for whatever reason, it's either the one (because wear on its partner side is minimal or none) or the pair. All 4 only if tread is worn on multiple tires. In that case you should swap them anyhow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope its just one. I put air in it before I drove to costco and firestone. Which is very close to me. The leak sound didn't happen until the firestone guy start to pull and twist on it. I'm gonna put more air in it tomorrow before I drive to the tire shop thats around less then a mile from me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts