Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been following all the threads on roof racks, and even been online checking with Thule. The MBZ version is $305, plus the ski rack is an additional $155. Seems reasonable to me.

Thule racks also seem nice, but I can't for the life of me figure out their website. You can get the rack, then the base, then the ski accessory, or something like that, but it is very confusing. If I worked at Thule I would very aggressively try to improve their website so that it is much more user friendly.

Another reason I was thinking Thule (or Yakima) was that if possible, I'd like to be able to also put it on my little Kia Soul, albeit with different base, if I could ever figure all that out.

Anyone have a good ideas for me?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The merc bars don't allow the sunroof to fully open. I got thule aeroblades and they do work with the sunroof and crucially they are quiet. Not sure about the ski rack as i have just used the rear seat pass through. But for bikes you can use yakima or thule racks designed for the tear drop shape bars as they will cross over so i'm sure it works that way for the ski racks too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.