Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can help. My 2015 GLA 220D 4Matic has about 60K easy-driven miles.

Last week I went to reverse and got the error 'Reverse not possible: Consult workshop'. I drove it home, but it kept losing power, then gaining power. Nightmare.

Mercedes are talking a new gearbox/flywheel.
Independent opinion links it to a sensor issue.

Anyone had this issue?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I had this issue on my 2015 GLA 250. Ended up needing a new transmission ($9,000.00). The power surge you’re experiencing sounds a lot like my issue. When driving it would only use the even numbered gears so it would wind out in first, skip second, hit the low end of third, skip four,……
After a few restarts, it would be fine, then act up again. Turns out something broke and chewed up the first “layshaft” (even numbered gears) of the dual clutch system.

After some fighting, MBUSA did help out with cost (about $7,000.00) as the car was only 200 miles and one month out of warranty. Had I been able to get it in to the dealer when I wanted, it would have been free, but no car should need a transmission at 50-60K miles.

It took the dealer about 2 months to get and install it (they gave me a loaner). Made me think twice about keeping the car, and I’m really hoping I’m wrong in your case.
Yeah that sounds like mine Nick, if it comes to it I can pickup a second box for 1K with a 3-month warranty.

But your absolutely right, an MB gearbox should last much longer than 60K!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts