Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I had this issue on my 2015 GLA 250. Ended up needing a new transmission ($9,000.00). The power surge you’re experiencing sounds a lot like my issue. When driving it would only use the even numbered gears so it would wind out in first, skip second, hit the low end of third, skip four,……
After a few restarts, it would be fine, then act up again. Turns out something broke and chewed up the first “layshaft” (even numbered gears) of the dual clutch system.

After some fighting, MBUSA did help out with cost (about $7,000.00) as the car was only 200 miles and one month out of warranty. Had I been able to get it in to the dealer when I wanted, it would have been free, but no car should need a transmission at 50-60K miles.

It took the dealer about 2 months to get and install it (they gave me a loaner). Made me think twice about keeping the car, and I’m really hoping I’m wrong in your case.

• Wow
Reactions: RamaGLA and Valenni

· Registered
55 Posts
But your absolutely right, an MB gearbox should last much longer than 60K!
[/QUOTE]
Again – really hope it’s not the issue with you. As Wayne smartly points out, get your main battery checked. If it’s the original, it’s likely dying. I recently replaced mine and before I did it threw all kinds of crazy codes – most regarding the transmission (which only has 20K miles on it). The “tell” for my battery was the eco start./stop no longer engaged, and I was also told that the main battery also fires the fluid pump for the transmission to sort of “pre-prime” it before going in gear, and if that doesn’t fire, well….here’s your code!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts