Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! New old member (brucecruise), was banned back in 2018 for something really silly but thanks to Wayne, I was able to rejoin the forum. Happy to be back!

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
Welcome back. I've always loved that gray!!!

Great shot at the Ring.

I like the grill mod. There have been some questions about grill updates lately. My guess is there are some here who would love to hear about yours.

What other mods have you done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Just a set of H&R lowering springs and H&R 15mm spacers on each corner. I still have yet to install the H&R sway bars but have been putting it off because it requires bracing the engine and dropping the front subframe.

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
With lowering springs and spacers do you have any trouble with the PS4S tires rubbing? I assume you have 245/40 sized tires.

I've heard the wheel spacers make a big difference in stability. True?

Pam and I are staying isolated for the foreseeable future but if you haven't done the sway bars by the time we re-socialize I've got a two post lift that I use for the 45 and the 997.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 235/40R20, some rubbing initially on the inner part of the fender trim. The plastic trim is softer so no damage to the tires, aside from slight marks on the sidewall.

I honestly cannot tell, even though I’ve done a good amount of laps with and without the spacers. Maybe there is some slight advantage but it’s possible that my driving is just adjusting to it that I cannot really tell the benefits of a slightly wider track. But it looks good, though lol

Greatly appreciate the offer, I think it’s my laziness that’s really holding me back. I will probably just pay somebody to do it tk help and boost the local economy even though I didn’t get a stimulus check.

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
Pam wanted the 20s as well. FWIW I ordered the 235/40-20 PS4S initially since the math matched that tire to the Contis. My tire guy realized the height was lower so after some discussion he ordered the 245 width. That in combination with the aspect ratio gave an equivalent height to the Conti.

Of course that would cause greater rubbing problems and might not work with your lowered stance.

Your speedometer may be reading a bit high relative to your actual velocity.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome back and beautiful photos!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts