Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of trying to retrofit the EU-available "puddle" lights that are in the side mirrors to work in my USA GLA (2015). Does anyone know if this is a simple swap-out for the physical lighting and mirror underside? I already have an idea for how I'd deal with the wiring (tie into the turn signals and have it blink when they blink, and replace/cover the bulb/emitter with amber). I see the light fixture itself for sale aftermarket all over the place. But, I don't know what's involved with the fixture in relation to the underside of the stock mirrors.

Any advice or instructions or opinions are much welcomed! Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean these things? Logo Puddle Lights (in-door)
Yup, that's my car in the video. It's an awesome, easy, inexpensive add-on for sure!

For this slightly more involved mod idea, I am talking about the "puddle lights" that are on the underside of the side view mirrors and were not available in the United States versions of the GLA, but apparently readily available in other countries. I am hoping it would be easy to install them on a 2015 USA-delivered GLA. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,905 Posts
The beauty of the side mirror puddle lights is you can turn them on with the remote so you see the puddles without having to open the door and only then realize you've stepped in the puddle.

But that being said, the USA wiring harness does not support the option. Please let us know the details if / when you find a solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts