Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching many months to no avail on the internet for a company that designs a complete system for the GLA I decided to reach out to a local tuning shop about a custom setup. After some discussion I decided that since waiting so long i shouldnt hold back so i went full send and told them to chop it all off. I am very pleased with the end result it sounds fantastic. Low RPMs are not too overwhelming but hit that sport button and mash the accelerator and it sounds ANGRY
Links below:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1prfUAOy8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=oi43mmgbasij

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2008 Mini Cooper S a few years ago, came across a body shop in Boston that had a totaled JCW and was parting it out. Bought the cat back exhaust which was missing the tips, had a local muffler shop retrofit it, had to remove the mid-muffler to do the install, welded on Porsche 3-1/2" slash tips. It sounded great, especially when the turbo spooled up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After searching many months to no avail on the internet for a company that designs a complete system for the GLA I decided to reach out to a local tuning shop about a custom setup. After some discussion I decided that since waiting so long i shouldnt hold back so i went full send and told them to chop it all off. I am very pleased with the end result it sounds fantastic. Low RPMs are not too overwhelming but hit that sport button and mash the accelerator and it sounds ANGRY
Links below:
http://instagr.am/p/Bs1prfUAOy8/
Do you get droning at all?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just ordered a Vibrant Performance resonator to swap in. It worked great on my CLK 500. Seriously, the best $50 I ever spent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went ahead and just started small with a resonator delete. It’s honestly a small difference. You can hear a difference standing outside, but again, very small. If you really want to hear a difference, I would say go muffler delete. My car is a 250 and not a 45 fyi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi!!! So, "i went full send and told them to chop it all off", all all? Could you please be more specific? Also, I saw someone asking if you have a drone effect now and you said "No drone with the stock resonator", but it's unclear if you have actually deleted the resonator. If so, drone now?
Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!!! So, "i went full send and told them to chop it all off", all all? Could you please be more specific? Also, I saw someone asking if you have a drone effect now and you said "No drone with the stock resonator", but it's unclear if you have actually deleted the resonator. If so, drone now?
Thank you!
So I didn’t get a single bit of drone with the resonator delete. Now that i have the muffler AND resonator delete, i still don’t have any drone. There is just a very mild drone at around 2,800rpm to 3,000rpm but when i mean mild i mean barely even a drone. It isn’t annoying at all to drive and honestly sounds really good inside the car. The muffler and the resonator closest to the muffler were removed. There’s one small resonator up front but I kept it on.
here’s my car stock, res delete only, then muffler and res delete

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I didn’t get a single bit of drone with the resonator delete. Now that i have the muffler AND resonator delete, i still don’t have any drone. There is just a very mild drone at around 2,800rpm to 3,000rpm but when i mean mild i mean barely even a drone. It isn’t annoying at all to drive and honestly sounds really good inside the car. The muffler and the resonator closest to the muffler were removed. There’s one small resonator up front but I kept it on.
here’s my car stock, res delete only, then muffler and res delete
Thanks @Aiken this really helps a lot!! It sound pretty good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts